Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Functionalities Disappeared after 12 months?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery of the M3 LR AWD at the end of June 2019. 12 months have gone by and I notice I don't get traffic information on my map anymore. I swear I was able to go on the web to YouTube when I was parked. No more. Are those a 12 month free and subscribe and pay after things? I have never received notification or information about such subscription or am I aware traffic info on map requires subscription.
Thanks.

I took delivery of the M3 LR AWD at the end of June 2019. 12 months have gone by and I notice I don't get traffic information on my map anymore. I swear I was able to go on the web to YouTube when I was parked. No more. Are those a 12 month free and subscribe and pay after things? I have never received notification or information about such subscription or am I aware traffic info on map requires subscription.
Thanks.

Yes, its a 1 year free subscription, which has likely expired on your account. Log into your tesla account and you can re subscribe for 9.99 a month, which includes realtime traffic etc. If you do not want to pay, you can use your phone as a hotspot to get some connectivity for things like youtube etc.

The car uses traffic when routing either way (at least thats what I remember, without going and re reading the helpful connectivity link that @1.21GW posted which should explain in detail), but you wont see it on the screen without a subscription.

Pretty easy to re subscribe at this point, just put in a CC number in your account online and subscribe to it through your tesla account. You should see somewhere on your purchase agreement that it came with 1 year premium connectivity (to go with the next thing generally said which is "No one told me this was not free forever".

You get 12 month of free premium connectivity. After that you either need to pay monthly fee, or tether through your phone’s hot spot.
Thanks. I was never told about that at delivery nor did I get notification about subscribing. How much is the monthly charge? Nickle and dime for something like traffic info? I got that included with my purchase of the Honda Odyssey.

All cars come with Standard Connectivity which provides access to most connectivity features over Wi-Fi only, in addition to basic maps and navigation and music streaming over Bluetooth®.

Premium Connectivity provides the ability to access all connectivity features over cellular, in addition to Wi-Fi, for the most intuitive and engaging ownership experience. Premium Connectivity is available as a monthly subscription of $9.99 plus applicable tax and can be purchased at any time from your Tesla Account. Orders of Model S, Model X, Model Y and Model 3 with Premium Interior will receive a Premium Connectivity trial for one year after delivery.

All deliveries of Model 3 Standard Range and Standard Range Plus will receive a 30-day complimentary Premium Connectivity trial.

B5734D23-2F7F-45B5-9F9C-F0804080A846.jpeg