Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What do you currently get for an FSD monthly suscription

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Apologies. I've spent quite a while pouring over the FSD AI forum, and either the entries are old (relatively) or they contain infomation that contradicts or at least casts doubt on information.

As plainly as I can say it. I currently am running 2022.40.4.1 and I would like to know that if I buy a subscription to whatever they are giving you for the $199.00 a month. Will I get Autosteer on City streets?

The majority of posts I have gone thru say absolutely NO, but these are all pre V11, and hence you get other posts in response to those that say, "I believe that has changed in V11" Changed to what? Everyone who has FSD or a Subscription to FSD has Autosteer on City Streets? or just that more people are being let into the beta program who own or subscribe?, so if I pay $199 I'll just be on the waiting list?

The information is chaotic and ever changing. Has anyone bought the Subscription recently after the V11 announcement that can say definitively? I just didn't want to subscribe only to get the "soon" message.

Thanks!

You get Level 2 driving autonomy (multiple carmakers have Level 2, by the way).

Level 2: Partial driving automation

At Level 2, vehicles provide partial automation by continuously helping drivers with acceleration, braking, and steering. Level 2 vehicles are typically equipped with advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) that can take control—in specific scenarios—over the above-mentioned functions.

In 2014, Tesla Motors announced its first version of Autopilot, which later expanded to support autonomous steering, braking, speed adjustment, and parking capabilities. In October 2020, Tesla rolled out the first version of its full self-driving beta (FSD Beta) software and continues to release updates at a steady cadence. Despite the introduction of additional features, Tesla’s Autopilot is still classified as Level 2 partial driving automation technology.

The Highway Driving Assist system is another example of real-world Level 2 partial driving automation. Highway Driving Assist systems are installed in vehicles manufactured by Genesis, Hyundai, and Kia. Although these cars require drivers to keep their hands on the steering wheel, the driving assist systems actively steer, accelerate, and brake when traveling on highways.

BlueCruise—a new hands-free partial driving system from Ford—is a third example of real-world Level 2 partial driving automation. BlueCruise allows drivers to take their hands off the steering wheel on certain approved highways in the United States and Canada.

Thank you for the replies. I go cross eyed trying to follow what feels like a pages long flowchart of what is meant by BETA, and Subscription, and owned, and soon, and "available to everyone who requests it" *sigh*

At this point, Elon saying "FSD V11 Beta is available to everyone who requests it" is like someone telling you that Scarlett Johansson is of course available to anyone who requests her. You just have to get past her bodyguards, security gates, locked doors, her husband, and her dogs in order to get a chance for her to tell you to get the hell off her property.

Apologies. I've spent quite a while pouring over the FSD AI forum, and either the entries are old (relatively) or they contain infomation that contradicts or at least casts doubt on information.

As plainly as I can say it. I currently am running 2022.40.4.1 and I would like to know that if I buy a subscription to whatever they are giving you for the $199.00 a month. Will I get Autosteer on City streets?

The majority of posts I have gone thru say absolutely NO, but these are all pre V11, and hence you get other posts in response to those that say, "I believe that has changed in V11" Changed to what? Everyone who has FSD or a Subscription to FSD has Autosteer on City Streets? or just that more people are being let into the beta program who own or subscribe?, so if I pay $199 I'll just be on the waiting list?

The information is chaotic and ever changing. Has anyone bought the Subscription recently after the V11 announcement that can say definitively? I just didn't want to subscribe only to get the "soon" message.

Thanks!

You will get what the website says. You will get Navigate on AP, Auto Lane Change, Auto Park, Summon, Smart Summon and traffic Light and Stop Sign Control. Autosteer on City Streets is not publicly released yet so no, you will not get it. if you are still on the FSD subscription when it is released, then you would get it then.

ZbgLGPm.png

FSD Beta is now open to anyone in the US or Canada that wants it.

Yes but I think it is on a different software branch. The latest FSD Beta version is on 2022.36.20. But new owners are getting 2022.40.x. this is causing some confusion because owners who have 2022.40 want to know why they don't have FSD Beta if it is now available to everybody.

They will probably get FSD Beta on the next software update when the two branches merge. So they will get it but not right away. They have to wait for the software update that contains FSD Beta.

Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
They will probably get FSD Beta on the next software update when the two branches merge. So they will get it but not right away. They have to wait for the software update that contains FSD Beta.
Until Tesla actually makes this a toggle, I think the lack of synchronization between base release of branches will still remain, with possible occasional transient synchronization.

So if that does not happen on V11 (no merge, or at least alignment of the base release without an actual merge), then this problem will remain. For a progressively smaller group of people, of course…especially if a base release alignment occurs - that would transition a lot of people with open requests.

Then basically (assuming one-time alignment) from there on (without a true merge) it will be just new owners and people who have not requested it previously who will be subject to the synchronization impediment.

Yes, but as we explained, there are two separate software branches. FSD beta is in software version 2022.36.20. So yes, if your cars gets 2022.36.20, you will get FSD Beta. But there are cars on different software versions who will have to wait for another software version to get FSD Beta since they are not on the 2022.36.20 branch. So what Elon said is correct, he just left out the fact that people may need to wait for the software update that contains FSD Beta for their branch.

LoL! See? Any thread that you post asking about FSD Beta; and what you get as a subscriber, or a purchaser ultimately devolves into Yes, no. Yes. NO.YES, NO! Yes (kind of), NO (unless) all intermixed with posts of equal parts "It's great! I don't know how I got it though" and "It sucks! and I never asked for it" LoL!

Screw it. I'm just going to wait till I pass a few dozen Teslas late at night parked in front of houses with the drivers fast asleep and the screen with a message "you have reached your destination" Then I'll look again and subscribe :p

I'm a subscriber, started my subscription in early October; when I subscribed I was on SW version 2022.28.2. For almost 2 months, all I had was essentially EAP. I think sometime in early November I received a SW update for 2022.36.5 then next day 2022.36.6 (Both were non FSD beta). Eventually Nov 22nd, I received FSD Beta 10.69.3.1/2022.36.20 and now have full auto steer on city streets.

Reactions: dho112
I'm a subscriber, started my subscription in early October; when I subscribed I was on SW version 2022.28.2. For almost 2 months, all I had was essentially EAP. I think sometime in early November I received a SW update for 2022.36.5 then next day 2022.36.6 (Both were non FSD beta). Eventually Nov 22nd, I received FSD Beta 10.69.3.1/2022.36.20 and now have full auto steer on city streets.
Hah! There we go! Thank you! I'm in your same exact boat except I'm on 2022.40.4.2 (I got an update actually last night) I suppose I would have to somehow downgrade to .36 to have a chance to get autosteer on city streets...

Hah! There we go! Thank you! I'm in your same exact boat except I'm on 2022.40.4.2 (I got an update actually last night) I suppose I would have to somehow downgrade to .36 to have a chance to get autosteer on city streets...
There's mixed thoughts on this. Majority of people think if your sw version branch is ahead of where fsd branch is, then you won't get FSD beta until it catches up with your branch (I.e. downgrade from 40.x to 36.x is not possible). There are some people who say it doesn't matter what software version you're on, and if you get into beta it will just install whatever the current beta version is. I dont think either have been confirmed, but again most people believe the former that downgrade isnt possible.

There's mixed thoughts on this. Majority of people think if your sw version branch is ahead of where fsd branch is, then you won't get FSD beta until it catches up with your branch (I.e. downgrade from 40.x to 36.x is not possible). There are some people who say it doesn't matter what software version you're on, and if you get into beta it will just install whatever the current beta version is. I dont think either have been confirmed, but again most people believe the former that downgrade isnt possible.
If you look at Teslafi.com data for 2022.36.20, you will see that all of the cars that they monitor installed this version from an older software version. Not one has come from 2022.40.X.

Of course, teslafi does not monitor every Tesla, but they currently have over 4600 cars on 2022.36.20, so it's a pretty representative sample.

I've read of at least one person going from 2022.40.X to 2022.36.20, but that person apparently contacted Tesla and got them to first downgrade his car to 2022.36.6.

It is possible to downgrade, but Tesla only seems to do it on an exception basis.

Reactions: TenKOhms