Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Funniest Tesla Question Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can ask educated questions about any topic that I don't know anything about. I don't know a lot about how the world works, so I do it quite often lol.
Why do people check their brains at the door with EVs?
When I looked into buying a Tesla I asked about range in warm and cold weather, how to charge it, how quickly it charges at home and on a SC, and what has to be done for maintenance.
I never thought to ask how many pizzas can fit in it. My guys at work have been harassing me since yesterday and want to fill my car with empty cardboard boxes and get to the bottom of it:D
Sounds like a job for Super
I am what some folks label as "Ultra Left Wing" Liberal. I love my country, stand up for liberty and justice for all, I don't believe in invisible deities, and don't touch my shotguns or rifles. I pay for what I use and I don't ask anyone for anything I'm capable of doing myself. I also love my neighbors and am more than willing to help out with my two hands or some spare cash when someone is in a bind or having trouble providing for themself because I realize sometimes things don't go as planned. I don't resent those less fortunate than myself who need help because I realize not everyone is as capable as myself, never will be, and I have always had more than I needed because I've been healthy and don't have outsized needs or material desires. If I can help someone else in need, I will. Because we are all trying to get by here together and none of us can take it with us. It's the people that matter and I see more similarities than differences.

Even though I'm a retired Alaskan fisherman who has maintained plenty of big diesel marine engines, hydraulics and refrigeration units and also a motorcycle and car mechanic, I love the minimal maintenance of our two Model 3's.
I used to fly out of Kodiak with the USCG on C-130's, I worked in the back as Dropmaster / Loadmaster as aircrew in the air, but on the ground we were the mechanics that kept the birds maintained. Many a flight we came back empty handed after looking for a long-liner or crabber that had gone missing. I learned in survival school after wadding out in chest deep water to put on a gummby suit just how little time you have in February in the water. Google F/V Alaskan Monarch, (St. Paul, AK) my neighbor and good friend, Cliff Rarick was that rescue, another friend of mine, Lt. Laura Guth was the pilot.

• Love
Reactions: Pollux
NEW to this community and Immediately bummed.
I don't understand the joy in bringing people down. I fire employees with bad energy like that. It takes a real man to reach out and acknowledge that you were a "D" and make it right. Consider that a challenge.

This isn't a job and we're not your employees. Also, did you just purity-test maleness with the use of the phrase, 'it takes a real man'? Do you do that at work too?

This game works both ways.

Reactions: 0ptions
In all fairness, the original poster/writer says that he didn't say anything hurtful himself -- it appears that his office co-workers were hurtful by laughing. Still, it's not very nice and he could reach out to smooth things over.

On the other hand, the question she supposedly asked (can pizzas fit in a Tesla) is quite dumbfounding. My initial reaction to that question might be that the person was intentionally trying to mislead me, is trying to tell a joke, or intends to be hurtful themselves. I would have a difficult time believing that the question is legitimate or that the person asking it had such a fundamental misconception.

I saw in the original post that it was the crowd making her upset, not the original poster. Also, if she was coming for the original poster and couldn't handle a bit of banter in-kind, then maybe she shouldn't be playing that game.

I saw in the original post that it was the crowd making her upset, not the original poster. Also, if she was coming for the original poster and couldn't handle a bit of banter in-kind, then maybe she shouldn't be playing that game.

Exactly^^^^
I challenge any of you to work in a family business atmosphere with a crazy middle-aged Aunt trying to run the office :confused:o_O

Like I mentioned, she has parked NEXT TO ME for 4 months since I've owned the car. She has sat in it and looked at it and with a straight face asked if I could fit 6 pizzas ANYWHERE in the car. She mentioned both the cabin and the trunk. She also hates Teslas and was trying to stab me with a "gotcha" question in front of a crowd. Nah, no regrets. Sorry if that makes me a bad person lol.
Sounds legit to me. I’m still wondering if you got all those pizzas in there. Maybe I missed that part.

Last edited:
In fairness, it was probably an outdated idiom based on bad translation from "mensch" meaning (sort of) "genuine person of integrity and honor"

That's a bit of a reach, and generally that phrase isn't used like that. I get your meaning, but I think you're being too charitable considering the accusation directed at the forum; namely about an erroneous perception that the OP was at fault for the behavior of a group and that by extension our implied support for the OP impugns us as well.

This was after the Tesla-hating lady was described to be coming for the OP and employing some passive-aggressive posturing. The OP made it clear that it wasn't his intent, yet somehow the OP (and forum by extension) are to blame. Yeah, no. If this were a guy pestering the OP and receiving similar rebuke from some ingroup, would we be so quick to wring our hands with sympathy? Perhaps not.

I'm not really the type to go off on 'problematic' speech, but I wanted to point out some low-hanging fruit of mild hypocrisy. We're all adults here, right? The OPs lesson is clear; don't dish it if you can't take it, and banter goes both ways.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

That's a bit of a reach, and generally that phrase isn't used like that. I get your meaning, but I think you're being too charitable considering the accusation directed at the forum; namely about an erroneous perception that the OP was at fault for the behavior of a group and that by extension our implied support for the OP impugns us as well.

This was after the Tesla-hating lady was described to be coming for the OP and employing some passive-aggressive posturing. The OP made it clear that it wasn't his intent, yet somehow the OP (and forum by extension) are to blame. Yeah, no. If this were a guy pestering the OP and receiving similar rebuke from some ingroup, would we be so quick to wring our hands with sympathy? Perhaps not.

I'm not really the type to go off on 'problematic' speech, but I wanted to point out some low-hanging fruit of mild hypocrisy. We're all adults here, right? The OPs lesson is clear; don't dish it if you can't take it, and banter goes both ways.

He is not a bad person and neither is she. The action of bantering back and forth as described is muddy behavior. I get his reaction and it's fustrating. I've had my car keyed and believe this impatience and condescending attitude doesn't help to mitigate the hate. Nevertheless she is his Aunt and someone who helps manage his business place on a daily basis. Wasn't there a better way to handle her criticism? Isn't this matter between them, why does he allow his coworkers to continue this facet of bullying as bystanders. She "deserves" this because she is a Tesla hater? That is the fundamental principal on bullying. When one side goes low, the other thinks it’s a green light to go lower. It’s a continued discord.Two ripoffs don't make the situation right. Justified retribution, does that dismiss the poor behavior?

Reactions: 0ptions and Tron 3