TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Future 60kWh and 40kWh owners, how long have you waited?

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Sousaphil, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Sousaphil

Sousaphil P2,595

We know that Tesla opted to focus solely on the 85kWh reservations in 2012 rather than build in reservation order. We know there are perfectly good business reasons for that decision. They likely couldn't have hit target volumes with added complexity of multiple battery variants.

That said, it's been a frustrating experience as a longtime reservation holder opting to get the 60kWh pack. I reserved back on October 28, 2010, which means today marks 2 years 3 months that I've been a Tesla customer. I'm not going to lie, I was expecting Tesla would do more to support the folks who made a deposit before the car of the year awards, before the betas and even before the alphas hit the road.

In any case, I'm envious of those of you who have received your orders and that Tesla smile...I just want mine too!

So who else is still waiting after all these years?

2. ahimberg

ahimberg Member

I'm just approaching the 2year mark on my reservation (after waiting a few months debating whether or not to get a Roadster). Currently still stuck in the waiting for delivery zone. A DS told me my car was done on the 18th, Thursday last week my DS did not know why it still hadn't shipped -- but I'm supposed to hear from a local field DS soon for scheduling delivery. And the wait continues :( Delivery window ends Saturday 2/2, maybe i'll get an update before then

3. mulder1231

mulder1231 Active Member

I'm at the 2 year mark as well. Scheduled for factory pickup on Feb 2nd! I didn't mind the wait, getting my garage in order kept me busy and TMC kept me entertained.

4. ddruz

ddruz Member

Two year mark next month Feb.

5. hans

hans P631

I waited for 3 years, 8 months, and 26 days for my 60 kWh Model S. Trust me folks, it's worth every day you've waited, and you can feel happy that you didn't have to wait as long as I did.

6. Kipernicus

Kipernicus Model S Res#P1440

3 yrs 1.5 months for me. About a 1 month delay because I chose the 60 instead of the 85, which in retrospect was not much at all.

7. scole04

scole04 Member

Agreed. The car is everything I thought it would be and more. Also I have a neighbor that lets me use his charger whenever. For me this is the way driving should have always been. Hang in there guys this car is so worth the wait:)

8. Monsoon

Monsoon Member

Hans, that is one record I don't want to beat... but I'm darn close.
    I paid my deposit July 27th, 2009.
    P992, ultimately decided on a 60kWh
    For me, that was 1,283 days ago, or 3 years, 6 months, and 3 days ago including today.
    I'm in my delivery window now, but it's been very difficult to learn when the car will ship, or when it will arrive. Delivery in AZ seems to further obfuscate things.

9. pbrulott

pbrulott Member

August 2011 for me (P179 Can), at that time US Ps were in the 4600. It seems that a whole bunch of Ps that reserved after me will get their car before me. I live really well with it though.

10. Dave5609

Dave5609 Member

4 years...reservation placed 3/2009 at the Model S unveiling (reservation R75). Configured for a 40 kwh last October. Can NOT wait to get this car!!! Hoping for delivery in March.

11. David Slagle

David Slagle Member

I am P1020. Configure 40kWh car last Sept. Same config as you White/Tan/Glass Roof/19" Wheels. Did they contact you with a expected delivery date?

12. Dave5609

Dave5609 Member

Not yet. They don't plan to have the 40kwh EPA data until March..so we won't see delivery buttons until after that. Hoping for a late March/early April delivery. Will definitely post info as I get it.

13. Eeyago

Eeyago Member

Anyone who reserved a 60kWh early on, have their projected delivery date change once they went into production? I'm trying to determine if that is going to be the case for us 40kWh reservation holders. Right now it seems to be the majority of us for May/June. Just wondering if that will get bumped up to April or so once the car goes into production in March.

14. Benjam

Benjam Member

Dave5609 - I'm not far behind you with a reservation placed 5/2009. My configuration is 40kwh as well, and I was just told April/May timeframe, so March sounds like it may be a little aggressive. But let's hope not!