Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Future 60kWh and 40kWh owners, how long have you waited?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We know that Tesla opted to focus solely on the 85kWh reservations in 2012 rather than build in reservation order. We know there are perfectly good business reasons for that decision. They likely couldn't have hit target volumes with added complexity of multiple battery variants.

That said, it's been a frustrating experience as a longtime reservation holder opting to get the 60kWh pack. I reserved back on October 28, 2010, which means today marks 2 years 3 months that I've been a Tesla customer. I'm not going to lie, I was expecting Tesla would do more to support the folks who made a deposit before the car of the year awards, before the betas and even before the alphas hit the road.

In any case, I'm envious of those of you who have received your orders and that Tesla smile...I just want mine too!

So who else is still waiting after all these years?

I'm just approaching the 2year mark on my reservation (after waiting a few months debating whether or not to get a Roadster). Currently still stuck in the waiting for delivery zone. A DS told me my car was done on the 18th, Thursday last week my DS did not know why it still hadn't shipped -- but I'm supposed to hear from a local field DS soon for scheduling delivery. And the wait continues :( Delivery window ends Saturday 2/2, maybe i'll get an update before then

I waited for 3 years, 8 months, and 26 days for my 60 kWh Model S. Trust me folks, it's worth every day you've waited, and you can feel happy that you didn't have to wait as long as I did.

Agreed. The car is everything I thought it would be and more. Also I have a neighbor that lets me use his charger whenever. For me this is the way driving should have always been. Hang in there guys this car is so worth the wait:)

Hans, that is one record I don't want to beat... but I'm darn close.
I paid my deposit July 27th, 2009.
P992, ultimately decided on a 60kWh
For me, that was 1,283 days ago, or 3 years, 6 months, and 3 days ago including today.
I'm in my delivery window now, but it's been very difficult to learn when the car will ship, or when it will arrive. Delivery in AZ seems to further obfuscate things.

Anyone who reserved a 60kWh early on, have their projected delivery date change once they went into production? I'm trying to determine if that is going to be the case for us 40kWh reservation holders. Right now it seems to be the majority of us for May/June. Just wondering if that will get bumped up to April or so once the car goes into production in March.