Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FYI: Undocumented improvement with *12.126 - Faster Valet mode disablement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TaoJones

Beyond Driven
Nov 10, 2014
The Americas
I noticed this immediately after installing 7.1.2.12.126 - Valet mode disable, which used to take at least 15 seconds (server round trip/API delay/limit) after tapping the "Disable" button in the app, now takes about 1 second. Very nice! While there was an app update recently as well, I use valet mode daily and didn't notice the much-appreciated improvement until installing the aforementioned patch.

Naturally, there were no release notes referencing the fix. So uncertainty has been created as a result. But again, I use valet mode daily, noticed no improvement after the app update and consistent improvement after the firmware patch release.

As far as I know, there is no fob shortcut to enable/disable valet mode (now there's an idea - hold down the front/frunk area of the fob for 3 seconds to enable/disable Valet mode - consider it a feature request, Tesla :)). As there is, for example, to open the charge port door (hold down the rear of the fob for a few seconds).

This improvement and subtle tracking improvements for TACC are what I've noticed most about 7.1.2.12.126. A close third would be that auto parallel parking seems to have improved as well - initial recognition, specifically.

I haven't, don't, and doubt I will find a reason to Summon over short distances. One of the coolest parts about Elon's vision to Summon over long distances will have to be watching the snake chargers in action. He said 2 years or so. Means 5-10 years in mere mortal time, of course, but still it's a great vision.

..odds are Tesla didn't know they made an improvement. (As to valet disablement improvement not mentioned in release notes.)

If they had noticed the improvement (using something called "testing" :tongue:) then for sure someone in marketing would have laid claim to it and put it in release notes.