Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Garage parking backstop

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve got one of these mounted on the garage ceiling. You park up the first time and then point the laser to where you will remember - in my case it is the top edge of the steering wheel.

Now I drive in until the laser pointer appears on the top of the steering wheel, then I know I’m far enough in for the door to close.

This one is on Amazon USA, but I think I got mine from eBay.

https://www.amazon.com/MAXSA-37312-Right-Parking-Silver/dp/B000F6F99G

Cheers for the suggestions, will give the tennis ball a go as it's cheap/easy but I would prefer something that physically is able to stop as well.
That way I know I can't accidentally overdo it or anything.

My MS is around 4" shorter than my garage. I found a local supplier of 3" thick foam rubber to cover the width of the car and glued (supplied by them) to the rear wall. I've been using this for about 3.5 years now without any problem. Can't remember the exact cost but from what I remember it was around £60 and took about 20 minutes to put in place with zero maintenance since

Reactions: m3p_uk and Roy W.
While not a physical stop, we've found the simplest thing to do is make a mark on the floor with paint or tape and then use the backup camera while pulling in so that we can stop just when the mark comes into view.

That's what we do as well, but we stop as soon as the tape disappears under the car in the camera. I've also put two pieces on the sides as a target for the wheels to be in between. It really helps; the backup camera on this car is great.

Reactions: Roy W.
My MS is around 4" shorter than my garage. I found a local supplier of 3" thick foam rubber to cover the width of the car and glued (supplied by them) to the rear wall. I've been using this for about 3.5 years now without any problem. Can't remember the exact cost but from what I remember it was around £60 and took about 20 minutes to put in place with zero maintenance since

Wow, that's a seriously tight fit!

Reactions: Rob R