Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gateway updated to 21.20.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
garage.JPG

home.JPG

Screenshot?

There is one in the thread on the previous software version created by @Redhill_qik

Specifically, post #22:

That thread did not have anyone who tested what the "go off grid" button did, so I guess we are waiting for @h2ofun to test it for everyone.

• Funny
Reactions: Electrph
There is one in the thread on the previous software version created by @Redhill_qik

Specifically, post #22:

That thread did not have anyone who tested what the "go off grid" button did, so I guess we are waiting for @h2ofun to test it for everyone.
I want someone else to test. I tried to find release notes, but no luck yet

They told me they updated my FW on the old version. Its not connected now so I hope it is working.

She said they added the off grid for other parts of the world that can have power voltage issues.

She did say, if I heard correctly, they if I think I am having issues, to call them before hitting the button to go off grid. Not sure still what it does.

They told me they updated my FW on the old version. Its not connected now so I hope it is working.

She said they added the off grid for other parts of the world that can have power voltage issues.

She did say, if I heard correctly, they if I think I am having issues, to call them before hitting the button to go off grid. Not sure still what it does.
push it ! push the button !

I got that FW as well today. GW was very unstable for awhile, but eventually cold get to local power flow page via local IP address. I now have to login to see the power flow, and relogin after some period of time. Kinda sucks as I use my Echo Show to acces the page via bookmark if I want to see power flow without grabbing my phone.

Reactions: h2ofun
Anyone try the Go Off Grid button yet? Would like that option vs having to flip my main house breaker while I'm in "test mode" waiting for PTO! :)
I have an 8.16 kW panels and 2 Powerwalls system as well and I tried running today in “test mode” while waiting for PTO. I was hoping to charge my Powerwalls up because we’re in the very provisional path of a tropical storm arriving next week. I’m curious about your experience. Does your system fully function? My system was fully functioning at the end of my install day before they used my EV/ESS disconnect to shut it all off. Here is what I posted in another thread:

I opened my utility service main breaker (i.e. disconnected my home from my utility service) and closed my EV/ESS disconnect which, as I understand it, effectively turns on my Backup Gateway 2 which will let the solar and Powerwalls operate. I saw in my Tesla app that my grid was down (outage) and it showed I was in Backup mode. I saw the state of charge of my Powerwalls, which it appears to just show the total SOC; I think the installers explained that part to me. Everything powered in my home was working including AC, which was nice to see. It was the middle of the day with plenty of sunshine. After several minutes, I saw solar production in the app very briefly and then it went away. My Backup Gateway 2 was not broadcasting its SSID. I tried connecting to its SSID anyway and could not connect (its SSID is only listed as a QR cord on the serial/password label). All breakers in the gateway were closed/on as they had been since my install day. After 15 minutes of not seeing any real solar production, I opened the PV/ESS disconnect and closed my utility disconnect, reverting my home to grid connected only.

I don’t know why the gateway isn’t broadcasting its SSID. Maybe once it is setup with a Powerwall(+) it cannot be directly interfaced with? It was definitely connected to my network at one point while the installers were doing the initial commissioning, but again they ran into issues and after talking with their tech support they connected the PW+’s inverter/controller to my home network instead.

I also don’t know why I wasn’t having any solar production. I thought I read that the inverter does a test every X minutes to see if solar is able to produce, and then it will turn it on.