Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gateway updated to 21.20.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
got upgraded to 21.20.6 a couple of days ago after having been downgraded. guess i'm CA VPP-enabled now.

I am also at 21.20.6, I don't know when, in Santa Rosa, CA, PG&E/SCP
I signed up for VPP last week. I didn't receive any acknowledgement .
I'm already enrolled with Sonoma Clean Power GridSavvy program. They warn that there might be a conflict, but the GridSavvy control of my car charging has never actually affected me. It has only been invoked a couple of times in August around 6 PM a few years ago.

I also can only connect to the inverter WiFi, the gateway no longer broadcasts. Is that the same for everyone else?
In the first week or two after install, I seemed to notice some loss of gateway access from my LAN, but the Gateway WiFi was good.
I toggle to the Gateway WiFi, visit the connection page, and renew the connection to my home WiFi by selecting it from the available list.
Then I could switch back to my WiFi and access the gateway.

I haven't needed to do that since early in the installation. Maybe it applies some updates in the early time online.

Just found that my FW was updated to 21.24.2 today. So far no issues, other than the local IP access UI is slightly different with the PW graphic being cut off. The last few weeks I've been having issues with the inverter generation either dipping (clear skies) or shutting off. Tesla did inform me of low coolant level, have a service appt tomorrow. Hopefully that's the root cause of the issue for my inverter!