Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gateway updated to 21.20.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can anyone on a gateway2 (powerwall+) setup still connect and login via the TEG-XXX? I only see the inverter TEG now...

Today when I went to disable my gatway/inverter (testing), a warning popped up that I should not shutdown, as a 'site upgrade was in progress'. After the system rebooted, the gateway2 was no longer broadcasting a TEG and does not seem to be on my wifi. Even if I connect a wired ethernet, nothing seems to change. The lights on the ethernet port certainly don't light up. Pressing the gatway2 reboot button also seems to not do much of anything... Any ideas?

I'm also on a Gateway 2 and was reverted. Along with that the system seems to be misbehaving. I have it in self-powered mode with a 10% reserve and I keep drawing power from the grid where I normally would be drawing from the Powerwalls. The power seems to have been flaky today (just north of San Jose) with six, 2 to 23 second backup events. We have an ADU that isn't backed up so when off grid we should see some draw if the grid is there but this has been going on for quite a while and I don't think I should see power only being drawn from the grid ({PWs at 61%). Anybody else having trouble once reverted? Reboot the Gateway? (How?)

7-10 draw.png
No PW power.png

UK 2xPW2 GW2 updated to 21.20 10 days ago, “Balanced” algorithm has been next to useless ever since and aggregates through API all over the replace day by day. Today back down to 20.49 still some strange behaviour since but now appears to be being “normal”. Earlier this morning I had 0% battery and excess PV generation going straight out to grid… no idea what is going on Tesla!

My other thoughts is maybe it’s related to gateway version. I’m running a Gateway V2 and was reverted. Is everyone still running 21.20.2 using the Gateway V1?

My vote, I’m on a v2 gateway and was downgraded from 21.20.2 to 20.49.0 :)

So it appears that whomever hypothesized that it is the v2 that got downgraded may actually be correct?

I also have the v2 and was downgraded

Its sure is looking like those "10 bonus points" (lol) go to @Nitro.