Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GEICO Insurance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone currently has a model 3 insured by Geico?

I've put in a quote request today for a White 19" LR PUP without EAP for GEICO and it came back at almost $200/month.

$50k/$100k standard with $500 deductible. It is shocking since our records are clean for the past 10 years. My 2015 Prius and 2016 Nissan Pathfinder combined at $195/month.

I too got a pretty bad quote from Geico with a clean driving record. I haven't changed my insurance for the last 10 years. I don't often change cars. I shopped around and Progressive gave me a quote for less than what I was currently paying with adding the Model 3. I called Geico to cancel the insurance and they called back a day later and matched Progressive's cost. I know it seems like obvious advice, but really take the time to shop around. I should have done that years ago and saved some money. I currently have 250k/500k/100k, 1k deductible, and rental for $493/6 months on my Model3.

I too got a pretty bad quote from Geico with a clean driving record. I haven't changed my insurance for the last 10 years. I don't often change cars. I shopped around and Progressive gave me a quote for less than what I was currently paying with adding the Model 3. I called Geico to cancel the insurance and they called back a day later and matched Progressive's cost. I know it seems like obvious advice, but really take the time to shop around. I should have done that years ago and saved some money. I currently have 250k/500k/100k, 1k deductible, and rental for $493/6 months on my Model3.

Currently with GEICO for my $56.5k Model 3 and pay a little above $300 per month.

Never had an accident, clean record, live in Los Angeles, single, etc. $25k/$50k medical liability, 50k property liability, $1k deductible, nothing else such as rentals. Other insurers I got a quote from were almost twice as much.

I thought my quote was bad. Over $300 a month is insane!

Currently with GEICO for my $56.5k Model 3 and pay a little above $300 per month.

Never had an accident, clean record, live in Los Angeles, single, etc. $25k/$50k medical liability, 50k property liability, $1k deductible, nothing else such as rentals. Other insurers I got a quote from were almost twice as much.

Reactions: MarkBrokeIt
Same with me. Been with Geico for 6 years. No at fault claims (2 accidents where the other parties insurance paid). They wanted to increase the premium by $100 a month.

Liberty/State Farm/Progressive have all come in the same (as existing) or even cheaper. Will be doing my homework on which one is the best before switching.

Pity. I really like the mechanical breakdown insurance they offer.

Pity. I really like the mechanical breakdown insurance they offer.

Just out of curiosity, do you think that the additional cost for mechanical breakdown insurance is justifiable? Given that they only offer it on new vehicles, it seems kinda moot for me given that most of what it covers should be covered via warranty. Even more so on a Model 3 without an engine and complex transmission.

Just out of curiosity, do you think that the additional cost for mechanical breakdown insurance is justifiable? Given that they only offer it on new vehicles, it seems kinda moot for me given that most of what it covers should be covered via warranty. Even more so on a Model 3 without an engine and complex transmission.

Mechanical breakdown covers a lot more! For example if you were to hit a pothole and damage your suspension, you would only be out the $251 deductible (keep in mind the deductible will be paid per instance, so pothole + some other unrelated issue would mean paying it twice). Also as long as you are paying they will cover the car all the way to 100,000 miles, so an extended warranty at a fraction of the cost. At $6-7 a month it’s a no brainer for me.

I just quoted adding the Model 3 as a 4th vehicle to my policy. I have myself, spouse and a teenager on the policy, so there might be additional liability. Also I have high limits required by my umbrella policy ($250k/$500k/$100K). Currently with Mercury and rates went up $100/month. Kind of surprised since it was a 4th vehicle with 3 drivers, but it's also a $55K car. I was sort of hoping for half that. I will likely get my insurance broker to shop the policy after I add it to see if someone else is more Tesla friendly Interestingly enough, they couldn't do my standard $250 deductible for the Tesla but could only do $1,000 because it was a "special" vehicle

I'm with Geico. Model S, Model 3, and two ICEs. Myself, spouse, and two kids (23 & 19), all clean records. The Model 3 is about $300 for six months, the Model S is twice that. $500 deductible on collision, $250 on comprehensive. $500K/$1M Bodily Injury Liability. $100K Property Damage Liability. $300K/$500K Uninsured Motorist. Coupled with an umbrella policy.