Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General chit-chat in "For Sale" threads

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
don't mean to divert or change the subject mid topic, but I'm going to test drive a LR DM M3 tomorrow and may end up leasing one. My topic for discussion is FSD in leased vehicles. I believe Tesla should enable FSD on all leased vehicles as a curtesy since the vehicles are not owned by the lessee. OR at the very least, half price. I don't think its fair to pay full price for FSD when I'm only leasing/renting the car for 3 years without an option to purchase and continue using the feature. OR FSD should be person based. that way it travels with your Tesla account as you buy or lease new vehicles. What are your thoughts????

I think leasing a 3 is not good option. There are calculations out there and it's not such a great deal.
If you can, better to just buy one and if you don't want to keep it after 3 years sell it. Hopefully you won't be upside down.

Tesla has made some very greedy decisions lately (removing AP/free charging from used cars) so I wouldn't expect them to give you FSD from the good of their heart. It's one more source of income for them...

don't mean to divert or change the subject mid topic, but I'm going to test drive a LR DM M3 tomorrow and may end up leasing one. My topic for discussion is FSD in leased vehicles. I believe Tesla should enable FSD on all leased vehicles as a curtesy since the vehicles are not owned by the lessee. OR at the very least, half price. I don't think its fair to pay full price for FSD when I'm only leasing/renting the car for 3 years without an option to purchase and continue using the feature. OR FSD should be person based. that way it travels with your Tesla account as you buy or lease new vehicles. What are your thoughts????
I wouldn't get FSD with a Tesla lease. There's no way anything remotely FSD will be out in the next 3 years, regardless of what they say.

I wouldn't get FSD with a Tesla lease. There's no way anything remotely FSD will be out in the next 3 years, regardless of what they say.

Yeah, this too! Anyone who buys FSD now, basically pays for a gamble which may or may not be worth some in the future (1-2-3 years from now, probably right when your lease would be over)

ok, let me run this by you guys, any advice is welcome
I'm getting close the end of the beginning of my mission :)

I'm ready to place an order for a LR AWD 3 but for a long time I was (maybe still am a bit) torn between this or a used S.
Budget it the limiting factor.

With the insane delivery stories and Tesla removing free supercharging and who knows what else, I don't want to deal with them anymore but I would be open to consider a private party used S. The problem here is the insane private party pricing. I've been digging through ev-cpo, onlyusedtesla, cars, autotrader, the usual places and I saw fair deals, but very rarely and all of them before I was ready.

Not even sure why I put all this rambling here but basically my question is what are my chances of finding a 2016 facelift S (75D), private party, not black/grey/white for 45-50k? Soon.
Looking at Tesla used prices and considering current new pricing, this should make sense...

It's a bit more complicated. I've already returned my previous lease so now I'm either locked in at home or driving my wife's car when she's not at work. Not ideal.

I don't think the model S I mention will drop to/by that much in that little time.

I suggest going with the M3. I had an 85D and was not as impressed as I am with the 3 tech wise and being future proof at least for the next few years. which is why Im going with a lease. by the way, with tech lease is always a better option. my MS85D took a $65K loss in only 3.5 years. that's scary $h!t

It's a bit more complicated. I've already returned my previous lease so now I'm either locked in at home or driving my wife's car when she's not at work. Not ideal.

I don't think the model S I mention will drop to/by that much in that little time.
Go on leasehackr.com. My lease on my wife's BMW 7 series ended in April. I was really trying to find a model X to buy before my lease ended, buy market was still inflated. I did a lease transfer and took over remaining 11 months on a BMW 430i gran coupe for only $310 a month. Gave me more time to find an X deal and isn't costing me very much at all. It's not as nice but thankfully we're both patient people.

Not a bad idea but there's no way I can get the chief on board with this. I'm also really looking forward to driving a Tesla. It took me long enough to get her to like the idea of a Tesla. I am very patient too (I returned my leased Mazda 6 in February) but now it's starting to get inconvenient to have only one car.

Also, to be honest, probably a new 3 would be a safer option for me (more warranty).

soooo....I went to the new Tesla store in Warwick Rhode Island today to test drive the M3. loved most of is even tho I was very skeptical going in, coming from MS85D. After all was said and done, the only thing weighing on my mind now is hat damn front li and the frunk hood which makes the car look like a Volkswagen beetle.....Thoughts?

soooo....I went to the new Tesla store in Warwick Rhode Island today to test drive the M3. loved most of is even tho I was very skeptical going in, coming from MS85D. After all was said and done, the only thing weighing on my mind now is hat damn front li and the frunk hood which makes the car look like a Volkswagen beetle.....Thoughts?
I don't think it looks like a big, but I do think it looks a lot like a Mazda 3.

ok guys i'm pulling the trigger on my second Tesla, a model 3 tomorrow. Tesla rep says it will be ready for pickup by Saturday. Any questions I should ask or deals I should ask for?
going with the long range dual motor in midnight gray and 18" wheels (will be removing aero covers).

Reactions: byeLT4
How does about $56k for a 2016 Facelift S 90D with 31k miles and AP1 sound?

I keep seeing this on a local dealer's website and I don't know how I feel about it. I absolutely despise used car dealers so I'd like to avoid this option but if it makes sense, I'd almost consider it.

@cucubits I'd say it's an average deal. If it is the int/ext color you are looking for maybe slightly above average. Should have about a year and 19k miles of regular warranty but a ton of battery and drivetrain warranty left. There is a 2017 100D for 65k at Texas Direct that I can't believe hasn't sold, been there for weeks. I think it is a great deal but maybe everyone else knows something I don't? LOL

It's blue. I'd love red but I could live with blue. Not particularly fond of AP1. If I invest this much money in a used car, I'd love for the tech to be more up to date as well. I'm not sure I make much sense with this...

I don't know. This is about 5k more than the new LR AWD 3 I'd be looking at. It's a very tough call. I have days when I am sure I want an S and days when the 3 makes way more sense and I love that idea.

Either way, I'd put down about $15k and finance the rest for not too long so I don't expect to be under the water with either option, considering depreciation.

Reactions: byeLT4
It's blue. I'd love red but I could live with blue. Not particularly fond of AP1. If I invest this much money in a used car, I'd love for the tech to be more up to date as well. I'm not sure I make much sense with this...

I don't know. This is about 5k more than the new LR AWD 3 I'd be looking at. It's a very tough call. I have days when I am sure I want an S and days when the 3 makes way more sense and I love that idea.

Either way, I'd put down about $15k and finance the rest for not too long so I don't expect to be under the water with either option, considering depreciation.

Go with the LR Model 3 I just ordered mine today being a tech fan I couldn't pass up on all the new features. I didn't get FSD but its an option for later since the current cars are somewhat future proof for the next few years. FSD will probably be hard to pass regulations in my state of Connecticut for several years to come. By then my lease will be up and ill purchase it with the next car.

Reactions: cucubits