Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General chit-chat in "For Sale" threads

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems sketch especially with a new user but what I want to know is what he means by work with Tesla to make it happen. Once you take delivery they submit the paperwork to the DMV, don't know how you can get them to change that. Definitely seems like you're selling the car as used. Nothing wrong with that if it's legit but you can get offers from Tred, Carvana, Carmax, etc and you'll probably be very close to getting all your money back with how the used market for Teslas are right now.

Reactions: UCF3 and jcanoe
Seems sketch especially with a new user but what I want to know is what he means by work with Tesla to make it happen. Once you take delivery they submit the paperwork to the DMV, don't know how you can get them to change that. Definitely seems like you're selling the car as used. Nothing wrong with that if it's legit but you can get offers from Tred, Carvana, Carmax, etc and you'll probably be very close to getting all your money back with how the used market for Teslas are right now.

For one, I didn't return the paper work yet (the car was a drop off). Two, the sales advisor told me that they can change the reservation to whoever I want it to be for the next three days. Three, I got this at old 2019 price so even if at 5K discount, I still make 7K. Or I could return it to Tesla for free. I am fishing to see if I can make 7k while someone makes 5k for 170 miles used car - still as a first owner.

• Funny
Reactions: UCF3
As for a new account, I used to be an occasional lurker. Not a regular so had to create an account to make this post.

How much are these reservations going for that people are buying? Just curious. I have a Y from $5k ago and am debating selling it if the price was right.
I've seen them listed from a range of $100/250 (to recoup order fee) to an upwards of $5k (presumably people trying to essentially sell it at market price). I have no idea if the $5k ones sell but definitely the $1k range sells in a day or two. TBH I am biased as I'm interested in a Y reservation and missed out on someone selling at $1k. Feel free to DM/email me if you're selling.

Reactions: Fluffhead
How does this help you sell your car?

In any event, are you saying that the potential buyer would change the name/address on the DMV paperwork upon delivery? That seems fishy to me. I thought you already bought the car? Or, are you offering to transfer the reservation for $7k? Sorry, but I am confused.
He can’t transfer the reservation since his wife already sat in the car and said the seats weren’t as nice as her minivan.

• Funny
Reactions: nutterbutter
I've seen them listed from a range of $100/250 (to recoup order fee) to an upwards of $5k (presumably people trying to essentially sell it at market price). I have no idea if the $5k ones sell but definitely the $1k range sells in a day or two. TBH I am biased as I'm interested in a Y reservation and missed out on someone selling at $1k. Feel free to DM/email me if you're selling.
You shouldn’t pay past the reservation fee for that. People shouldn’t order cars they don’t intend to take delivery of themselves.

Reactions: shanif
Brothers, I need a suggestion/advice/help. I have a M3 SR+ reservation from last year. When now the time for delivery has come near, Tesla says I need to update the design as they no longer make that model anymore. When I want to update the design it bumps up the price by 5k. Anyway I can write to anyone and get that adjusted. The regional manager said he wrote to regional head and they rejected the price match!

Brothers, I need a suggestion/advice/help. I have a M3 SR+ reservation from last year. When now the time for delivery has come near, Tesla says I need to update the design as they no longer make that model anymore. When I want to update the design it bumps up the price by 5k. Anyway I can write to anyone and get that adjusted. The regional manager said he wrote to regional head and they rejected the price match!
They still make the SR+