TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

General Discussion: 2018 Investor Roundtable

Discussion in 'TSLA Investor Discussions' started by AudubonB, Dec 30, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Starno

Starno Active Member

2. Ulmo

Ulmo Active Member

#3762 Ulmo, Mar 8, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
    From MarineTraffic.Com:

G POSEIDON crossed 'TSUGARU KAIKYO' Strait
    Time: 2018-03-09 01:14 UTC (17:14 PST)
    Position: 41.63387, 140.9636
    Speed/Course: 13.4 knots / 268°​

Its ETA at CN SHA (China Shanghai) is March 11 at 16:30 LT (UTC). I assume LT (UTC) means Local Time is UTC, which is wrong, but that's what it says. It left Feb. 23 from San Francisco. That's 15 days, half a month.

I thought I read somewhere in those notices or when I was reading its status that it stopped in Mexico after leaving San Francisco. Did I get that wrong?

>>> Edit: New message:

G POSEIDON arrived at
    Port PETROSTAR
    at 2018-03-09 11:14 Local Time (2018-03-09 02:14 UTC)​

• Informative x 1
  3. Ulmo

Ulmo Active Member

4. phigment

phigment Member

This is the next day with a different trailer. Doesn't that imply it's on the way back?

• Informative x 3
    • Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1
  5. mongo

mongo Well-Known Member

From other thread, they are reported to both be 300 mile versions
    Donner pass is 7,200ish feet. If they are at the full 80k pounds, that is 220kWh of potential energy. Assuming 1.6 kWh/mile the mountain takes 140 miles of range to climb. Topping off at Sacramento gives them a 60 mile buffer before heading down the other side to Sparks.

500 mile version would not need to stop.

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  6. Mike Smith

Mike Smith Active Member

Reported VIN assignments have been much more positive the last two days, with much increased volume and around half over or near 9000. If you remove the 'dead zone' between Feb 19 and Feb 27 this looks like it could be the beginning of the exponential phase of the ramp.

Model 3 Invites

• Informative x 8
    • Helpful x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Love x 1
  7. Todd Burch

Todd Burch Voltage makes me tingle.

Have no idea why anyone is assuming this is part of the same trip.

8. Mike Smith

Mike Smith Active Member

9. sundaymorning

sundaymorning Active Member

If we look at SpaceX, we can see that they do not issue patents in fear of the Chinese stealing their IP. If we can make rockets cheaper than China, I am hopeful we can figure out how to make cars cheaper.. in the short term, we don’t need the Chinese. Tesla will sell every car it can make for a very long time (even without China in the equation). Once dreadnaught is in full swing, it wouldn’t matter where the car is produce anyway.

Elon is right for steering clear of China and their crazy demands, Tesla has spent way too much R&D to just give it away. Come on China, who do you think we are? A bunch of cell phone makers? This is dreadnaught!!!

• Like x 6
    • Love x 1
  10. JoaoD

JoaoD Tech Enthusiast

Those are test vehicles. We have no idea if they were testing the supercharging, if they were fully charged when they left, how much were they carrying, etc.
    We are not even sure they were supercharging, in the video they are just showing the Semis to people around.

• Like x 1
  11. schonelucht

schonelucht Active Member

Agree! But they need to follow it up rapidly with A) a new batch of invites B) a new batch of VIN registrations. Otherwise it might just be yet another 'false start' induced only from the big gulp of invites two weeks ago instead of genuine progress on the ramp.

• Like x 4
    • Helpful x 2
  12. Words of HABIT

• Funny x 1
  13. Reciprocity

Reciprocity Active Member

Agreed. The China problem had nothing to do with the IP in the cars because they can already reverse engineer that. Even the pack and cells. What they can't figure out is the alien dreadnaught. If you partner with then, you give them the keys to the kingdom. If Tesla is going to be the company that makes the machines that makes the machines.. then China ownership does not work. Build in India or someplace with less shipping but you can't partner with them, because they will steel everything without hesitation. The problem could be solved if Tesla could partner with a tech company instead of a car manufacturer.

• Like x 2
  14. ValueAnalyst

ValueAnalyst Closed

This is exactly correct. I agree with both A and B. Hopefully this isn't another false start like late December!

• Like x 1
  15. Reciprocity

Reciprocity Active Member

I know everyone hates Trump and yada, yada and yada. But he is like a dog with a bone and Elon spoon fed him a nice juicy T-bone. Elon is the master of using Twitter to negotiate on behalf of his companies. This is why I love Twitter and hate Facebook. Twitter is no much more precise and not bogged down with cat videos. I swear I have 40 friends in face book and I have to go through 50 cat videos to see in family picture.

• Funny x 3
  16. ValueAnalyst

ValueAnalyst Closed

upload_2018-3-9_8-11-20.png

What's up with Norway this quarter?

• Like x 1
  17. Starno

Starno Active Member

I'm also surprised.

Why no one seems to care ?

• Like x 2
  18. larmor

larmor Active Member

Tell your family members to get cats and put them in the pictures and videos. Did CNBC comment on elon-trump china tweets?

19. Mike Smith

Mike Smith Active Member

• Informative x 2
  20. mongo

mongo Well-Known Member

Norway was discussing changing the tax on Teslas last year which would bump the effective price up. That likely drove sales up Q3/Q4 2017 versus Q1/Q2 2017, and may have pulled ahead sales depleting the demand pool in the short term.

And/or they focused on other regions for this quarter.