Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General Discussion: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So if you buy a $100k-$200k Mission E it will be a bad experience for long road trips if you pay the equivalent of gas?

I read it was $83,000 here on this very forum. And way better then a model S supposedly. Wanting to make charging a profit center where the fuel costs as much as gas but takes 3x as long to fuel, even at 350kW. That's going to be a bad experience with no upside. People may have money to burn but time can be a lot more valuable. One of the main advantages of EVs is the cost of the fuel. I think Tesla should make supercharging a profit center, but at 1/2 or less the retail price of gas. The profits would go to expanding the network and improving the tech.

I read it was $83,000 here on this very forum. And way better then a model S supposedly. Wanting to make charging a profit center where the fuel costs as much as gas but takes 3x as long to fuel, even at 350kW. That's going to be a bad experience with no upside. People may have money to burn but time can be a lot more valuable. One of the main advantages of EVs is the cost of the fuel. I think Tesla should make supercharging a profit center, but at 1/2 or less the retail price of gas. The profits would go to expanding the network and improving the tech.

You know very well 3x don't matter much to all but the most insane petrolheads and they ain't considering buying a Mission E.

You have cost savings from home charging.

And in Europe you won't get charged congested fees and you won't be banned from city centers.

In Cali you save time with white(red) HOV stickers.

BTW that $83k is like Tesla's $35k or $57.5k.

Getting my Model 3 in Santa Barbara tomorrow. It was originally scheduled for a few days later, but the delivery folks did some operational magic so I could pick up on Saturday, since they knew Saturday was my birthday. Yes, they wanted to give me a birthday surprise.

There is a *reason* this company has such a strong following.
Happy Birthday Matt! I look forward to see you cruising around in your new Model 3.

Its clear to me that Porsche is not building the Mission-e as a serious vehicle:

Porsche says ‘Tesla’s Superchargers are not sustainable’, they will charge more for their own charging network

They seem to be wanting them not to sell. The main advantage is that they are cheaper to run. Certainly people can charge at home, but the experience no road trips will be bad.

Last I read, Porsche is building their chargers at their dealerships. Which makes it useless. Why bother at all?

VIN 132XX apparently just got assigned. This is starting to look a lot better.

I've gone from extremely pessimistic to moderately optimistic in just a few days. High VIN assignments, what looked to be a large configuration invite, and another large VIN registration. Well, now I don't know what to do. buy at $300 to give it a shot or just let it ride? Leaning towards buying and taking a shot at this.

IMO this is super lame.

Did Elon Musk just:

a) admitted he has no idea about his company's marketing strategy
b) publicly called his social media/marketing department/employees lame?

Without wanting to go off topic, this whole FB thing is blown out of proportion and is super old news. If people weren't aware of privacy issues on the Internet until now, well then, they weren't paying attention. Snowden years ago should have made everyone super cautious.

IMO reacting by deleting your company's FB account is equal to sending "thoughts and prayers" on Twitter. Just makes you feel good about yourself, but doesn't achieve anything at all (or in this case might actually hurt in long term).

Status
Not open for further replies.