Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General Discussion: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's mind boggling that Tesla's general counsel did not stop Elon from sending them. In fact it's clear he sent them without consulting anyone at all otherwise he wouldn't have to correct a typo directly contradicting his message.

It's almost as if you don't know anything about the company or the CEO. None of this is surprising in the least, yet your mind is boggled? Always remember Elon will not play by the "rules".

It's adorable that anyone here thinks that anyone is going to stop Elon Musk from sending off-the-cuff emails (similar to his tweeting). Musk gonna Musk.

He actually hasn't tweeted in over a day now. Maybe someone finally prevailed with reason and got him to stop talking about an ongoing industrial espionage investigation.

It's almost as if you don't know anything about the company or the CEO. None of this is surprising in the least, yet your mind is boggled? Always remember Elon will not play by the "rules".

We miss an emoticon for tongue in cheek. Obviously I know that Elon is the type to not care. Still does not necessarily make it a good idea.

Musk gonna Musk.

4d75dcb72f96c39ae7e906a21971e732--celebrity-caricatures-boston-red-sox.jpg

I’ll make the offer for anyone in the media (or anyone) within 2-3 hours of Charlotte that needs a test drive to confirm how awesome the 3 is.

We just returned from a 1000 mile trip to the Outer Banks, 4 Supercharger stops less than 1:30 total minutes and less than $15. PM if interested.

This is great. Also consider using Google/Waze in carpool mode, they match you up with riders that want to go the same path as you, and there is literally no waiting period to become a driver, no background check, nothing. As long as you pick riders that have multiple good ratings, should be safe enough? Or you go all the way as I did and sign up with Lyft and give people rides in your spare time Tesla Model 3 - driving on Lyft

I will speak for the shorts

If he has proof that Tesla lied to investors or sent out battery packs they knew were a danger to the public, then yes, he is a hero.

If he is just some angry short, or bitter employee then he is a dirtbag.

Not sure anyone knows for sure.
Sounds much more reasonable than the loudest on Twitter.

Buuuut, if he had those proofs, and he had spoke with some shady reporters for many times, what was he waiting for? Being caught?

Reactions: neroden
I will speak for the shorts

If he has proof that Tesla lied to investors or sent out battery packs they knew were a danger to the public, then yes, he is a hero.

If he is just some angry short, or bitter employee then he is a dirtbag.

Not sure anyone knows for sure.
If sent out packs they knew...wow that is a stretch. Knowingly sending out cars that are not what they appear means Tesla is all grown up...like say VW.

This is great. Also consider using Google/Waze in carpool mode, they match you up with riders that want to go the same path as you, and there is literally no waiting period to become a driver, no background check, nothing. As long as you pick riders that have multiple good ratings, should be safe enough? Or you go all the way as I did and sign up with Lyft and give people rides in your spare time Tesla Model 3 - driving on Lyft

I’ve received reports from family in Midwest, they paid around $7 for a little over “half a tank” of charge.

The amazing revelation for me is that as pack costs continue to fall to where economy car purchase cost is equal to ICE economy car cost, then there will be no return for ICE. No matter how much of a electric car hater, the numbers won’t lie when you’re filling up your “tank” for under $14 as opposed to $40.

Same goes for energy storage and solar roofs.

It’s all connected thru cost of the cell/pack.

Man he does not last on any job very long!
It will be interesting to see if he received any money from Business Insider or any other entity.

I think Tesla has a reasonable case for discovery as it relates to his devices and any transactions that may have been conducted.

If the interviews Tesla conducted actually happened, it is more then likely they caught him in the act. Hopfully witnesses or documentation of his “confession” are to be available to assess the device analysis requests.

Man he does not last on any job very long!

I think Tesla should re-exam their hiring practice. Martin Tripp case is a red flag. Calling his previous managers/colleagues probably would have screened him out. On the other hand some really good ones couldn't even get an interview. I know a friend who is one of the best in his field and has great personality. He really wanted to work for Elon (Tesla or SpaceX), even for free. But he couldn't get an interview, eventually went to Waymo. I can never understand why he couldn't get an interview with Tesla. I suspect nobody read his resume.

I’m not computer literate, but, there is an “Edit Profile” on Mr. Tripp’s bio page link.

When clicked, I don’t see any password requirements to make any - including photo upload - changes.

All the data fields are editable — and there is an empty email address field to confirm changes.

Would that be strange if someone accused of hacking had this? Sorry to ramble.

The rainbow children’s drawing in his photo is a nice touch - sometimes those pots - at the end - are empty.

Found some info on Martin Tripp.
I don't know if it is already posted here

Alumni US | Waukesha County Technical College (2008)

• Informative
  • Funny
Reactions: neroden and AZRI11
Status
Not open for further replies.