Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General Discussion: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm, I trust your german's better than my google translate. But I have a hard time reconciling that against a report that got actual confirmation.

Either Kruger's exaggerating (you'll have to tell me how likely that is, since I honestly don't know much about Kruger's past claims), or the wsau confirmation was worded for a slightly different question and thus taken out of context and therefore misleading.

Just take it as it is, Krüger talks about a few Billions.

P.S. it looks like some Journalists are not even able to translate in an accurate way from German to English. What a shame!

• Informative
Reactions: hiroshiy
So just for the record, Norway is at 2,359 cars with the month almost over. Q1 this year was 1,699 and Q2 last year (for YoY comparison) was 1,152 cars.
Not saying this implies similar growth all over Europe, some countries will do good, others may even decrease, but definitely doesn't look like S/X had any demand or production trouble this quarter.

I disagree. They look like four of the exact same motors per cart. The perceived size difference is just from being on a different rack level.

The motors in the background are definitely a different type though. Was that what you were referring to?

I think the motors in back are the same, except that their direction is switched. As to whether this is two sets of two per cart or four per cart, of course I haven't the slightest.

did i, in any way, compare the i3 and the model X? I dont think so. I simply stated that BMW will not discontinue the i3 because it is selling decently enough and is good for BMWs image. Work on your reading comprehension or dont answer my posts

I was comparing BMW EV quality to Tesla EV quality, sorry you no comprendo. You do like to compare sales of non like vehicles (hybrids and city cars) to Tesla so maybe you thought I was that lame too. I haven't responded to a shortie in a long time, but I do invite them to a special party. I'll send you an invite now.

Edit - and you conveniently didn't provide your personal experience with these vehicles? I'm sure it's zero.

Are you completely ignoring the short squeeze of the century and shorts position exploding tweets?

I’m trying not to count on it, but I’m certainly not discounting it completely.

I will be VERY happy If we meet my PT of $450...anything above that is 'gravy'.

Em has been very inconsistent with production/timelines. I grant that he has called the last squeeze but gave no real time table for it. He has boxed himself in just a bit by the 'three weeks' comment.

Reactions: neroden and kbM3
Aswath Damodaran updated his Tesla valuation. His views align pretty closely to mine.
This guy tries very hard to fit the reality to his narrative. E.g. Elon never said he will not do a capital raise ever. He just said he doesn’t need one for 2018.

Also, shorts are the enemy. Suggesting otherwise is just laughable.

Ok so a week ago -or earlier in the week- they were at 4300 (4300-4900), and we know there is tremendous ego involved and tremendous incentive to hit 5000. Elon is also a bit happy. For the most part, we are betting on Elon here. I decided to change my slightly negative prediction that we come out at 4500 for the week and say that they work SUPER hard this weekend and pull off a final 3 days of 800. 650*4 +3*800=5000. And they literally hit 5000 on the dot and stop. Or maybe 5001. Decided to buy stock in the after hour market in case of a Midnight Saturday "5001 hit!!" tweet.

Tesla’s rush to crank up production revealed in building permits

Kinda my first post. I've been fascinated with the Sprung "tent" since it was erected. What caught my eye here is the east end being capped off, but with an "opening" on the south half. Could this be in preparation for GA5? to occupy the south half of Sprung? We've seen enough spy photos now to see that GA4 only take up the north half.

Ok so a week ago -or earlier in the week- they were at 4300 (4300-4900), and we know there is tremendous ego involved and tremendous incentive to hit 5000. Elon is also a bit happy. For the most part, we are betting on Elon here. I decided to change my slightly negative prediction that we come out at 4500 for the week and say that they work SUPER hard this weekend and pull off a final 3 days of 800. 650*4 +3*800=5000. And they literally hit 5000 on the dot and stop. Or maybe 5001. Decided to buy stock in the after hour market in case of a Midnight Saturday "5001 hit!!" tweet.

On the flip side I'm long and strong, but feel like the hurdle might be a bit too high to clear before the deadline. I'm reading a bit into his tweets also, and the scrap with the unicorn mug creator's daughter gave me a bit of pause. Sounds like Elon has been frustrated and who can blame him? I'm tempering expectations. I think they'll announce a run rate of 5k for a day, max and hit around the low 4000s for the week.

Last edited:
It saddens me that people even have to ask it. It is BLINDINGLY OBVIOUS scam.
To be fair the picture is the same and the user name is Elon with a zero instead of an O. I sometimes see replies in the twitter feed with replies akin to his actual replies and my first thought is that they are real.

speaking of which he appears to be saying Engineering is Magic.
Elon Musk on Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.