Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General Discussion: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honest question for mods. Why do you let the paid trolls post here without moderation? All it does is dilute the quality of this forum and make good people leave.
It is amusing you think anyone would pay half of cent for trolling on niche forum full of Tesla fanboys. That money would be utter waste.

Hey, maybe some people really believe in various silly things they type in posts? I know, shocking and unheard of. Easier to think that anyone writing things you don't like is paid to do that.

Either way I doubt your demands of censorship will be meet.

Yes, i think 100k electrified vehicles is a pretty good achievement.
I think you are sufficiently long on this forum to know that no one here gives a sugar about hybrids and that "electrified vehicles" phrase will be meet with derision. They are considered distraction at the best, and deliberate foot-dragging at worst.

Motors :)

Elon Musk on Twitter

Dg19N1FU8AA8BcW.jpg

i3 sales will fall once the Model 3 arrives in Europe. Small econobox, golf type cars tend to do well over there due to parking, small streets, and gas price..

You are right about the small streets. I come from an Audi A8 and am waiting for my Model 3. Just last time I drove the Audi to my Italian summer house I had my side view mirror touch an oncoming vehicle. Twice. It's not that anyone needs to stop or anything like that, but still. Having tried the Model S for a day, I am looking forward to driving the Model 3. But I am going to miss my detachable tow bar.

• Helpful
Reactions: mrdoubleb and Ulmo
And as I commented on this elsewhere: the fact that no ambulance chaser (or even a big firm) jumped on this to do it for free or on a success fee base shows he has nothing. If he had a case/reasonable defense, many would have jumped on the opportunity of doing this for publicity for their firm and even a handsome payday once they counter sue.

I guess when you are blowing that whistle by leaking to the media, stealing corporate data, etc. as opposed to going to the proper authorities, this is what you get.

Yes, i think 100k electrified vehicles is a pretty good achievement. This year, for example, BMW has sold more i3 in Norway than Model S or X. Im not arguing that they are behind Tesla in regards to total EVs sold, but the whole sentiment here ist that they are "at least 5 years" behind, and that is simply not true. The iX3 is coming next year, the Audi eTron this fall. If you read test reports of the jaguar i-pace, compared to the model X, you can imagine what established German Luxury brands will do to Tesla. And all this (in BMWs case) before counting the new and on top supply they just secured.
For VW, i believe they will be a strong contender in the mass market, but i dont believe that that they will compete with Tesla that much. They dont really have much models in that range. For Tesla, its more about what BMW, Audi/Porsche and Mercedes will do.

And for BMW being behind other german manufacturers: Until now, neither Audi nor Mercedes has a pure EV, whereas BMW had one for a long time. I dont think they are behind the other Premium Brands, they just can afford to do it at their own pace.
Ok, i was totally going to ignore this post and just end a pointless argument, but this is too funny.

1, The i3 is not in the same class (price or size) with the S or the X. This is like saying Mercedes sold much more C-class than BMW sold 7 series and X5.

2, as much as some of the lazier reviews would like to claim, the iPace is not a Model X competitor either. Now sure, there will be some cross shopping, but once again it's like saying the new BMW X3 is going to kill the Mercedes GLS. Not the same size/class. Having said that, the iPace will be a great Model Y competitor and will even have 1-2 years of advantage on the market. But for its size it is overpriced, and there is no widespread 100Kw charging infrastructure. I am sure it will be a successful car as the market is pretty big and it has no direct competitor right now. But it is a Model 3 sized car priced as the Model X. Also, they needed a 90kWh battery pack to get Model X 75D range (iPace is EPA 220, X is EPA 237), so i am not quite sure how they plan to compete on price once competition arrives. But for now they can carve out a niche.

3, Speaking of Model Y competition, the last reports I've seen on the iX3 from this April say BMW plans to launch it "in 2020", not "next year".

Last edited:
Lets be accurate with this. Here is a quote from the CEO Krüger

Das deutsche Traditionsunternehmen werde von CATL Batterienim Wert von mehreren Milliarden Euro bestellen, kündigte der Vorstandsvorsitzende Harald Krüger gegenüber dem „Handelsblatt“ an.

"The German Tradition Company will order from CATL Batteries worth a few Billion Euros...."

Hmmm, I trust your german's better than my google translate. But I have a hard time reconciling that against a report that got actual confirmation.

Either Kruger's exaggerating (you'll have to tell me how likely that is, since I honestly don't know much about Kruger's past claims), or the wsau confirmation was worded for a slightly different question and thus taken out of context and therefore misleading.

• Helpful
Reactions: hiroshiy
Maybe they thought about that, but i dont believe they will do that. The i8 maybe, its a great car to look at but certainly has disappointed in regards to sale.
The i3 is selling better and better in Europe and i am certain they will keep it untill 2020, if only for eco-friendly image and complying with regulations. They never intended to make money with it anyway.
Seriously, i3? Less than 100 mile range? Suicide doors so that you can't drop off your kids at school? Bicycle tires that cost you arm and leg to buy? No fast charging capabilities=?

One of my friends has it and that was what I heard from him. Seriously the new leaf is much better than that piece of junk.

Status
Not open for further replies.