Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General Discussion: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is completely idiotic on the part of the California decision-makers at Tesla, who apparently can't read a map. More and more Long Island locations and nothing upstate?

Also there's no cap on service center locations, only on sales locations.

Tesla does not need any change in state law to build service centers upstate. And it's idiotic to have five locations downstate and nothing upstate.

Yeah, but how much of the financial community is upstate?

Best bit from Franz von Holzhausen's interview:

«From initial sketches to production launch was about two years.»

I'm no expert, but I bet other automakers err on the 5+ years.
If Tesla can keep this pace, I'm sleeping well for the next few years.

Yea, that quote surprised me as well. This would mean that they started working on initial sketches in July 2015 only to reveal it 8-9 months later. I'd assume then they are still in "initial sketches" phase for Model Y which would mean that *anything* that Elon has said about Model Y last year (length of cables, platform etc and things he then retracted) were pretty much just in his head.

Not saying it's good or bad, just an interesting tidbit.

Yea, that quote surprised me as well. This would mean that they started working on initial sketches in July 2015 only to reveal it 8-9 months later. I'd assume then they are still in "initial sketches" phase for Model Y which would mean that *anything* that Elon has said about Model Y last year (length of cables, platform etc and things he then retracted) were pretty much just in his head.

Not saying it's good or bad, just an interesting tidbit.
I took his quote to mean 2 years from initial sketch to the reveal.

Reactions: aubreymcfato
Last edited:
Anyone else notice the UPS sign on the curb at the left in the beginning of the video? Showing off for more sales, perhaps?

The video was shot in Sunnyvale at the intersection of Elko and Hammerwood. Right around the corner from their "super secret" office/warehouse and lot at Elko and Reamwood.

Also, the YouTube user that published the video, Brandon, Camargo, has a UPS badge for his profile pic.

It's the smaller, dark one that was revealed alongside the full-sized white one.
Right you are. I didn't realize that one didn't have super singles in the rear, but it appears it did indeed have duals:

tesla-semi-rollout.gif

Thanks for the correction.

Status
Not open for further replies.