Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GenIII mockup - coloured?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good efforts, PV4EV and TEG.

Needs 4 doors for sure but, the shape looks very dated - more like an early 2000s Infiniti G35 or a BMW 3 from back then... yawn...

I hope Tesla iterates to a really snappy yet, mainstream look. I guess much more can be done with the styling of the front and the rear than the sides.

Good efforts, PV4EV and TEG.

Needs 4 doors for sure but, the shape looks very dated - more like an early 2000s Infiniti G35 or a BMW 3 from back then... yawn...

I hope Tesla iterates to a really snappy yet, mainstream look. I guess much more can be done with the styling of the front and the rear than the sides.

Tesla aim with the Gen 3 is radically to lower the cost while still providing a lot of range. Capacity and weight reduction are expensive, so I expect a heavy emphasis on aerodynamics that may constrain design a bit.

Maybe a bit longer doors and a bit different front end/lights.
I immediately chuckled when I saw this because I thought you were making a joke because I presumed it would basically be the Model S by the time the adjustments were made. PV4EV's second picture seems to confirm that suspicion (the looking just like the Model S part). :)

- - - Updated - - -

Its a crude mock-up done with a bit-map editor ! Wasn't expecting anyone to look at the detail too much ... In an ideal world with loads of time on my hands, I'd model the entire thing into a very high-res 3D model, and render it in all sorts of ways.
It wasn't a complaint. It was a just as reminder about how (some of us) think the chrome below the doors looks a bit undesirable in the some colors of Model S, and that your mockup looks refreshing partly because of that. :)

Just dreaming...
TESLA GenIII 2 Door.jpg