Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Get Amped Tour: New York, 7/20- 7-/22

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm signed up for 9 to 10 on Saturday for NY.

I'm not thrilled about it being in Mahwah, however. I hoped it would be closer to the Westchester location. Luckily my kids get up early, so we will be there right at the start of things.

Now I just need to break it to my almost 7 year old that he can't join us for the drive...

I've had it since October 2010. My last blog entry is old, but you may find it useful. I can't get enough of how the Roadster performs. While my Roadster experience has me concerned about the quality of the Model S (especially since I'm getting one very early), I'm comforted by the way I've been treated, the contacts/relationships I have, what I've personally heard from 50+ employees and several execs, and the company vision.
I'm actually trying to figure out what to pay attention to for the drive. Every time I buy a car, there's 1,000 things I notice AFTER I buy the car. My lens on the test drive will be different than most because I know what to expect with respect to performance, regen, etc. And I've watched enough videos and read enough reviews that I know what to expect in general. And let's be honest -- the test drive will do nothing to change whether I buy the car. (I mean, it would have to be HORRIBLE and everyone who's reviewed it can't be wrong).
Doing a test drive ~4 weeks before I OWN the car anyway seems a little silly -- and I'm still debating actually going. But I enjoy reporting on my experience so others can benefit from it.
If you haven't already, watch as many test drive videos as you can find, read the reviews, etc. That should give you a really good head-start so you're not overwhelmed during the drive.

Thx for the response! Ive read nearly every post and review so am well versed. Also I've met with several employees and agree on the confidence in TM's ability to execute. My only concern is quality of build as you mention and any unexpected problems. That said all new cars have minor bugs and the S is so advanced I think all of the early buyers like ourselves have to be a little understanding as they work out any minor glitches like the carbon fiber that George mentioned yesterday. As long as they're minor I think we will all be very happy owners and fortunate to experience such an innovative design. Can't wait for my Sat drive in NJ! Hope to meet some of you there!

Anyone know if you can bring guests who will not ride in the back seat? A couple friends/family are interested in the car.

From attending the DC event, you can bring as large an entourage with you as you'd like (whether over the 10 year old cutoff or not), they only passed out lanyards to drivers and passengers, then punched those when you were about to board your test vehicle.

Anyone coming from Manhattan on Saturday? If so, how are you getting to Mahwah?

Your best approach out of Manhattan would be GW Bridge I 80 west to Rte. 17 North take that to the Crossroads (first is Macarthur Blvd. another mile is rte 202 then immediately after is the exit) area and follow signs for the Sheraton. If you see signs for the bus garage or depot (Coach USA I think) go that way it is good also. You can't miss the Sheraton Tower. From the bridge to rte 17 is approximately 8-9 miles.And rte 17 to the crossroads is about 14 miles. When you get up north whatever you do avoid I 287. If you pass it you can always continue on 17 and later make a U turn to come back. I will stop by after work on Friday as I work just down the street.

Your best approach out of Manhattan would be GW Bridge I 80 west to Rte. 17 North take that to the Crossroads (first is Macarthur Blvd. another mile is rte 202 then immediately after is the exit) area and follow signs for the Sheraton. If you see signs for the bus garage or depot (Coach USA I think) go that way it is good also. You can't miss the Sheraton Tower. From the bridge to rte 17 is approximately 8-9 miles.And rte 17 to the crossroads is about 14 miles. When you get up north whatever you do avoid I 287. If you pass it you can always continue on 17 and later make a U turn to come back. I will stop by after work on Friday as I work just down the street.

I think he's looking for a ride...