Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Get Amped Tour: New York, 7/20- 7-/22

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
None of the cars at the events will have more than a few hundred miles on them. One already has a flat, and because there is no spare...

The roads on the Mawah, NJ test drive where absolutley HORRIBLE, pot holes, missing pavement, etc. Low profile tires do NOT do well on poor roads, I had them on my 2010 Prius Model V, in 2 years, 2 flats and 2 destroyed tires. New England/East coast is not the ideal place for low profile tires, and I'm betting most East coast Model S buyers already know this, and are planning on just getting the 19" standard tires. You give up some road handling, but how many $500 tires per year do you want to pay for?

Last edited:
The roads on the Mawah, NJ test drive where absolutley HORRIBLE, pot holes, missing pavement, etc. Low profile tires do NOT do well on poor roads, I had them on my 2010 Prius Model V, in 2 years, 2 flats and 2 destroyed tires. New England/East coast is not the idea place for low profile tires, and I'm betting most East coast Model S buyers already know this, and are planning on just getting the 19" standard tires. You give up some road handling, but how many $500 tires per year do you want to pay for?

By any chance were you test driving today at the 1pm slot? Someone asked the very same question. I was the guy from Miami in the front right, btw.

... I'm betting most East coast Model S buyers already know this, and are planning on just getting the 19" standard tires...

Absolutely. I told this to the Tesla rep who took my reservation in the White Plains store. And again when he was my copilot in the test drive.

I live off a dirt road in Westchester and while it may look bucolic, it is hell on tires. I can't count the number of tires I have repaired or replaced over the last 10 years. I'm on a first name basis with the folks at Mavis tire.

Does anyone know if there are any plans for a a donut that would fit in the frunk?

Here's my test drive from Friday in the Green car. Drove in a little bit of drizzle and got stuck in some traffic at one point, but hey, it made my drive longer.
Thanks, juice. This is the first time we've seen the air suspension "sit down" at high speeds and then come back up on the exit ramp. I was struck by your wife's comment that she didn't like the new rear "opportunity console." Could you please post some of her thoughts about why she didn't like, and how it could be improved?

First test drive video with Tesla rep not in the front passenger seat?

He's actually a journalist, and a Roadster owner: Michael Thwaite - Contributor at High Gear Media
he also frequently cohosts "Transport Evolved" with Nikki-Gordon Bloomfield, So, What is Transport Evolved?

that could be one of the reasons, the front passenger was also taking video as well (probably will be an article in "GreenCarReports" is my guess) plus they did have 2 Roadster owners in the car (MPT and Cinergi), I don't think they where too worried about it :)

michael thwaite

Last edited:
And, mpt is the head honcho that keeps this (TMC) website running!

I was not aware of that, I learn something new everyday, thanks gg
He's wearing a lot of hats :)

Cinergi, impressive how well the iPhone integration works, and nice how it mutes/pauses the music as well, and then it resumes after the call ends. The trunk opening position memory is also a very nice feature, one I don't even think I've heard mentioned yet.

Mitch

Last edited:
I'm excited to post the next one. It's currently rendering so probably not tonight. But it's a nice long quality in-depth press-every-possible-thing-I-can on the infotainment and instrument cluster ... in super high quality. There's lots of stuff in there that I hadn't seen before, and especially not clearly.