Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Get Amped Tour: New York, 7/20- 7-/22

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@cinergi: thanks -- nice view of the green there at the end, which left to reveal a familiar Very Orange Roadster.
@EdA: I take it your were driving a bit conservatively? Didn't seem to have the kick that some other drivers experienced.

Robert,

a.) I intentionally took a non-performance model
b.) I had my daughter who's a relatively new driver in the car
c.) I hate driving other people's cars :) and was indeed driving conservatively. I did hit 74 on Route 17 though!

/Ed

Cinergi, your amazing. Thank you for all the video! Shame you didn't get the blue :) but that's kind of a weak request compared to all the things you got (which is everything).

Thank you again!
That would have been a real trick as the Blue wasn't at the NY event.
It was in Denver.
However, I would love for somone at an event where the Blue is at to take a walk around video of the Blue in the sunlight and post it!

Some frames of the videos I took of a few stickers ...

View attachment 8140

So with a GVWR of 5,664lbs and with a curb weight of 4,647lbs, that leaves a payload capacity of about 1,000lbs or so. For a 7-seater with loads of cargo, that seems a little on the light side. Does anyone know if that GVWR varies with the type of suspension you opt for (e.g. air vs. the std springs)?

So with a GVWR of 5,664lbs and with a curb weight of 4,647lbs, that leaves a payload capacity of about 1,000lbs or so. For a 7-seater with loads of cargo, that seems a little on the light side. Does anyone know if that GVWR varies with the type of suspension you opt for (e.g. air vs. the std springs)?

The pic above that shows a sticker which says max recommended passenger + cargo load is 926. Seems light yes. Though I've always found these ratings to be on the light side. I don't know if it varies by suspension type.

It is clear from this thread that the NYC Amped event created the best, highest-quality, most reliable and informative feedback of any/all of the events so far (in large part thanks to cinergi). And, further I submit, that Telsa should schedule more events in New England area. Preferably Boston.

Notice the 42 PSI? :scared:

First thought: it's a hypermiling trick! I've slightly overinflated (above std. recommendation) my tires and it really does make a difference. On such a heavy car I would imagine that a higher PSI would significantly decrease rolling resistance. I wonder if there is some Tesla-magic involved in keeping the car controllable and comfortable with such a high PSI.

Side note: in most of Europe 42 PSI would be 2.9 bar. Does any country actually use SI-proper 290 kPa as indicated on the Tesla sticker?

First thought: it's a hypermiling trick! I've slightly overinflated (above std. recommendation) my tires and it really does make a difference. On such a heavy car I would imagine that a higher PSI would significantly decrease rolling resistance. I wonder if there is some Tesla-magic involved in keeping the car controllable and comfortable with such a high PSI.

Side note: in most of Europe 42 PSI would be 2.9 bar. Does any country actually use SI-proper 290 kPa as indicated on the Tesla sticker?

This may be coming from a place of ignorance, but is the concern with the higher PSI control and specifically roll over risk. I remember when the Ford Explorers were all flipping it was linked, in part, to over inflated tires. Given the low center of gravity might that mitigate the risk of the high PSI?

This may be coming from a place of ignorance, but is the concern with the higher PSI control and specifically roll over risk. I remember when the Ford Explorers were all flipping it was linked, in part, to over inflated tires. Given the low center of gravity might that mitigate the risk of the high PSI?

On 21s the sidewalls don't have much depth. If there was much give you'd be bouncing off the rims -- not recommended! :scared: