Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Get J1772 adapter to pop charge port door

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I showed to the team down at the Dania SC this AM. It got every MS in the building!!! :)

How hard would it be to attenuate the output power so the range is limited to a few feet? Sounds like the power in the receiver is way above threshold. In any case I definitely want one! I don't feel the need to attach it directly to the J1772 - a key chain just at the end of the cable is sufficient.

The chips have OTP that is copied into XRAM at run time. You can use the SiLabs BDM to download and run directly from XRAM on a new part but, once programmed and locked, there is nothing to be done with the parts. If you get a 315 MHz dev. kit like I did, you will need to buy a BDM and some new parts to swap out the pre-programmed part on the SiLabs key fob.

There are others in Europe that have already done this.

Thank you for clarifying this.

I have tried to find where to buy key fob demo kit and some new si4010 parts in Europe. DigiKey and Mouser are obviously not allowed to export this parts outside US. And in DigiKey and Mouser European stores these parts is not available.

Anyone know where to get these parts in Europe?

I got mine late last week and put a battery in it on Saturday, thank you! HOLY COW it has insane range!

Three times now I've gotten back to my car and the charge port is popped. I have the remote in my pocket, so it must get pressed somehow.

It works perfectly though and instantly. I just need to find a way to protect the buttons... but I heard you'd be attenuating the signal in v2. :)

I'll keep pressing and testing to check out battery life. I put in a brand new CR2032.

Yippeeeee
Another one showed up and this one has buttons for battery testing...... I feel like an idiot for using an envelope and USPS.

I just got back from dropping off 25 boards to be stuffed. Mine has been working well and the battery voltage has yet to drop so I assume it is going to be usable.

I'll work on getting the transmission power down when I get the boards back next week.

Oh well!

File0608.jpg

USPS has some tiny boxes that are suitable for something that size, but I think they're prepaid. I've also had success with padded plastic letter-size envelopes when sending something that size. Either they go through different machines, or the padding/plastic helps it not squirt the device out a hole in the side. Either way, more expensive than standard postage, unfortunately.

No list... I have a few PMs of people that want one.

I need to test the much lower power transmit settings to make sure they still work then get some assembled. Regretfully, I'm in the middle of dealing with my wife's crashed S85 which is sucking up time at an alarming rate.

Giz,
I had fifty boards made and, once the first few were up, running and tested I just release a bunch to my local board stuffer. The artwork was untouched SiLabs so I was sure it would work.

No list... I have a few PMs of people that want one.

I need to test the much lower power transmit settings to make sure they still work then get some assembled. Regretfully, I'm in the middle of dealing with my wife's crashed S85 which is sucking up time at an alarming rate.

Giz,
I had fifty boards made and, once the first few were up, running and tested I just release a bunch to my local board stuffer. The artwork was untouched SiLabs so I was sure it would work.
Sounds like you'll be busy for awhile. Still interested in one of these whenever they're ready, so just let me know. Good luck sorting the State Farm stuff out. I feel bad for you guys.