Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Get your 5-seater pictures and videos here!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1hHSeJE60rFNFohpoljztwLG7Sn4CFdaT3w

Attachments

• IMG_20161222_082126.jpg
    IMG_20161222_082126.jpg
    533.1 KB · Views: 273
No, they are fixed in an upright position. Like a typical bench, back row seat.
Anthony, you've tried to recline the bench seats? The manual makes reference to being able to recline as well as fold down. Quoting from Page 19:

"While pulling and holding the lever, move the seatback to the desired position, then release the lever. When returning a seatback to its upright position, push and pull to ensure it is securely latched into position."

View attachment 208498
Seats Up

View attachment 208499
Seats Folded Flat

View attachment 208500
Back Panels Removed

You can see the panels on their edge on top of the folded seats. The panels are very lightweight and strong.

View attachment 208501
Second Row Seats
On the photo 'Back Panels Removed", it looks like that deeper storage area (where you have the stroller?) has a ledge built into the rim of it that could receive a panel the same width as the rest of the lower floor. A panel at that location would also give you a full flat floor from the back to the bench seat. At delivery, did they say anything about that panel coming later?

OK, am I the only one????? :D

"When returning a seatback to its upright position, push and pull to ensure it is securely latched into position."

And on behalf of United Airlines and our entire flight crew, I’d like to thank you for joining us on this trip and we look forward to seeing you again soon. Enjoy Los Angeles, or wherever your final destination may be. And thank you for flying the friendly skies.

• Funny
Reactions: BLKMDL3
No, they are fixed in an upright position. Like a typical bench, back row seat.

Someone else has showed pictures of them reclining, are you sure yours don't?

Also, in the bottom of the section right behind the seats are there any tie down d-rings? (We have seen some with and some without, and we are wondering if the vertical piece in the front is covering them.)

OK, am I the only one????? :D

And on behalf of United Airlines and our entire flight crew, I’d like to thank you for joining us on this trip and we look forward to seeing you again soon. Enjoy Los Angeles, or wherever your final destination may be. And thank you for flying the friendly skies.
Hey, take it up with Tesla, I was just quoting their manual.

• Funny
Reactions: NikeWings
Looks very nice. A whole lot of space back there. Also, your 2nd row seat is supposed to recline. You use the same handle you use to fold them flat. Only the seats move back in the opposite direction. Each side is supposed to recline independently of the other.

On the photo 'Back Panels Removed", it looks like that deeper storage area (where you have the stroller?) has a ledge built into the rim of it that could receive a panel the same width as the rest of the lower floor. A panel at that location would also give you a full flat floor from the back to the bench seat. At delivery, did they say anything about that panel coming later?

In the 6 and 7 seater I thought the panel could go in either the upper position(on the little wings/tabs), or on the lower position right above the deeper storage area. Is the 5 seater different?

In the 6 and 7 seater I thought the panel could go in either the upper position(on the little wings/tabs), or on the lower position right above the deeper storage area. Is the 5 seater different?
I used to have 6 seater, now 5. Far back panel operates the same for both, with upper & lower positions possible.
Larger middle panel is either in upper position as OP showed, or out altogether.

• Informative
Reactions: DrivingTheFuture
I used to have 6 seater, now 5. Far back panel operates the same for both, with upper & lower positions possible.
Larger middle panel is either in upper position as OP showed, or out altogether.
That back floor panel doesn't lay even with the rest of the lower floor, does it? I thought there was about a 1 inch gap. Without the smaller panel I'm talking about, you don't get a flat floor on the lower setting. There's a small step up to that back floor panel. I hope you can tell me I'm wrong.