Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Getting higher than rated range with Enery App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t know if the app was there all along or came with a recent update to my November 2023 Model 3 RWD (base), but on a drive about 110 miles away it was fun to see what types of driving and climate control are expected in the rated range. Roving with just the fan instead of AC seems to really help the range whereas with AC it will consume an extra ~20 miles worth of range on a 110 mile drive. I love seeing increases in efficiency and the overall Wh/mile coming in well below the 237 wh/mile I believe the car is rated at. On that trip I kept it below 180 and much of the trip averaged down near 160 wh/mile. With consumption that low, it seems very reasonable that the (now) 268 mile (was 272) range vehicle could easily do more than 300 miles. That’s nice to see.

I look forward to using the app in cold weather to see where the power is going. I had zero “conditioning” and don’t really supercharge (anymore), so no battery conditioning in the summers.

Anyway, I thought I’d post how pleased I am with that app.

I love the energy app, though I rarely see under 300wh/mi 😅.

Every time I’ve considered getting an efficiency set for daily use, my child brain feebly whispers…. “But race car? 🥲

IMG_0963.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: KenC and mpgxsvcd
I love the energy app, though I rarely see under 300wh/mi 😅.

Every time I’ve considered getting an efficiency set for daily use, my child brain feebly whispers…. “But race car? 🥲

View attachment 1058997
I like having both the Performance and the efficiency just not at the same time.

Pretty hard to believe that the same car produced these results below. The efficiency numbers below include all of the racing that I have done since I got the car.

IMG_7367.jpeg
IMG_7380.png

Reactions: Lindenwood
That’s good efficiency 👍 My 22’ LR boost is not as over the last 2.5 yrs and almost 60k miles.

But I’ve run 20” in spring summer and 19’s in 5-6 months of fall/winter with
-20c.

So combined seasons and rims…all in all not bad :) never ran 18” efficiency tires ever and I drive with a heavy foot and many many many light to light ‘foot to floor’ and highway accelerations lol.

IMG_3619.jpeg