Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Getting MCU2 upgrade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Follow up, received MCU2 upgrade back from my Telsa Service Center today. All better except the following. Service request initiated:

1. Blank Theater. (Arcade and Toybox OK.) See pic
2. TuneIn not accessable. See Pic
3. Voice command not working. See Pic

I've tried the following tricks - Monty Pyton Easter Egg, steering wheel reset, change wheel configuration, and change display language.

20230325_091853.jpg20230325_165106.jpg20230325_091730.jpg

Follow up, received MCU2 upgrade back from my Telsa Service Center today. All better except the following. Service request initiated:

1. Blank Theater. (Arcade and Toybox OK.) See pic
2. TuneIn not accessable. See Pic
3. Voice command not working. See Pic

I've tried the following tricks - Monty Pyton Easter Egg, steering wheel reset, change wheel configuration, and change display language.

View attachment 921401View attachment 921410View attachment 921411
Eureka ! Figured it out - decided to focus on fixing the Voice Command "Connection Error. Try again" issue thinking it might be unrelated to the Theater and TuneIn issue. One internet solution to the Voice Command issue was to delete all driver profiles and press voice command button on steering wheel. After doing that, the "Connection Error. Try again" error went away. Then thru voice command I said "start NetFlix" and what you know, both theater and TuneIn work like a charm! Lastly, reentered driver profiles.

Eureka ! Figured it out - decided to focus on fixing the Voice Command "Connection Error. Try again" issue thinking it might be unrelated to the Theater and TuneIn issue. One internet solution to the Voice Command issue was to delete all driver profiles and press voice command button on steering wheel. After doing that, the "Connection Error. Try again" error went away. Then thru voice command I said "start NetFlix" and what you know, both theater and TuneIn work like a charm! Lastly, reentered driver profiles.
I'm looking to upgrade my MCU. Do you think the upgrade is worth what they are charging for it? What do you like the most about the upgrade you just had done to your Model S? I already have the LTE upgrade i my vehicle but ended up with some bubbles on my instrument panel and they say it would be cheaper to just replace the MCU.

I'm looking to upgrade my MCU. Do you think the upgrade is worth what they are charging for it? What do you like the most about the upgrade you just had done to your Model S? I already have the LTE upgrade i my vehicle but ended up with some bubbles on my instrument panel and they say it would be cheaper to just replace the MCU.
Short answer, yes. The upgrade is a bargain. Send to PM with my cell number to give you much more info.

I lost TuneIn, Slacker, and voice commands with the MCU2 upgrade, though the new theater features worked. Same issue using WiFi as with LTE. A full factory reset restored voice command and TuneIn, but I still can't use the Tesla slacker account. None of my profiles or navigation bookmarks had been saved, so the factory reset didn't erase anything. Oddly enough, favorites were restored in TuneIn.