Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Getting ready for my Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
[/QUOTE="Garlan Garner, post: 1827363, member: 45175"]Really? There is a tax credit for the HPWC?
Yes, there's a 30% credit that currently expires at the end of this year[/QUOTE]
Hmmm. I had better make a purchase then. I'm concerned about the M3 adapter being different than MS and MX though.

Although I would have a difficult time thinking that the M3 would become exempt from the SC network because of the charging adapter.

Let me think about it.

Hmmm. I had better make a purchase then. I'm concerned about the M3 adapter being different than MS and MX though.

Although I would have a difficult time thinking that the M3 would become exempt from the SC network because of the charging adapter.

Let me think about it.
I'd be extremely surprised if Tesla changed standards so much that any charger that works for a Model S/X would not be compatible with a Model 3. At worst like someone previously mentioned they might add features or reduce the price. That's a chance I'm willing to take.

Last edited:
Reactions: Red Sage
[QUOTE="Garlan Garner, post: 1827456, member: 45175'Hmmm. I had better make a purchase then. I'm concerned about the M3 adapter being different than MS and MX though.

Let me think about it./QUOTE]
I'd be extremSurprisedised if Tesla changed standards so much that any charger that works for a Model S/X would not be compatible with a Model 3. At worst like someone previously mentioned they might add features or reduce the price. That's a chance I'm willing to take.
Yeah, you are right. I think I'm going to take the plunge.

Picked up my Leaf yesterday! Already in love with electric driving:). Soooo smooth, quiet and it's quick too. It's in the garage now heating up for the short drive to school with the kids.

The range is good for 99% of our daily driving but I can already see how the extra 100 or so miles of range in the 3 will be nice. We will soon be very familiar with all the exact distances of things in our area:)

So we were headed home at the day with around 50% battery. Trickle charge estimate was showing 18hours to full! We pulled into the local grocery store that has a charging station that accepts the Nissan ezCard for free charging. I plugged into the DC fast charge port and off it went at 100 amps!! Came out about 15 minutes later at it was at 80%:). Sweet. Now my over night trickle charge will get me to 100% no problem.

Looks like I will be fine until I get the 220v installed in the garage.

Reactions: JCLeonard