Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Getting small spots out on the go

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought the external cover, however, there are often times when I will be parking the car for only an hour or two. It seems excessive to cover it at all times. That being said.....birds have a small vendetta against me.

That and bugs are a pain to try to wash out. Does anyone keep a small kit inside their car to wipe off dead buggers and/or white bombs dropped from above?

I've used both Mothers California Gold Showtime Instant Detailer as well as Zymol Spray Detailer and they both work pretty well, great for wiping up road grime and bug / bird splats. The Mothers is cheaper from Amazon though.

Use SpeedShine and either the very soft disposable towels or the microfiber towels that Griot's Garage sells:

Car Care Products, Detailing Supplies, Auto Accessories - Griot's Garage 800-345-5789

Also you can get the SpeedShine as pop-up wipes--really great to keep a tub in the trunk or frunk.

(...and, no, I don't work for them but have used their products for many years and have been very happy with them)

Forgot to mention that I've used both the Griot's Speed Shine as well as their Spray-On Car Wash as well with good results.

Any chance the sprayers you got at Home Depot used a pump, like this, but cost less?

No.

They are just the standard hand pump spray bottles.

I wouldn't use the one you pointed out, however, for quick detailing or for spray on waxes or sealants. The pressurized ones are good for big jobs, wheels, engines, etc. So, if that's what you were thinking, those do a pretty good job. But, for quick detailing on the go, the hand pump sprayers are better IMHO.