Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Giga Berlin

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DaveW

May 21, 2019
Beds, UK
Render posted by Elon today, looks great!

index.php

Attachments

• 15BA7B5E-FE20-47A1-A76A-686F0BB57168.jpeg
    15BA7B5E-FE20-47A1-A76A-686F0BB57168.jpeg
    409.9 KB · Views: 308
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: davidmc
By the looks of it, every car and semi in that picture is a Tesla! - WORLD DOMINATION!

Also, editied picture to give you a sense of scale to the size of the building:

View attachment 564767
I appreciate these Germans are speaking English as a second language but it should technically be "their" not "there". I know its pedantic but they'll never learn if we don't tell them

I appreciate these Germans are speaking English as a second language but it should technically be "their" not "there". I know its pedantic but they'll never learn if we don't tell them
Correct, i did notice this mistake, but it was too late and was thanks to my Spell checker :)

My German is a bit rusty (actually i dont know any except from what i learnt on the TV series allo allo! )

Let's assume (dangerous) that we stay in some kind of tariff-free EU trade zone, does that mean there's potential for a price reduction based on there being no import duty?

I’ve been thinking that myself. I was looking at a M3LR towards the end of the year but with the recent MY price reductions, reduced shipping costs and potentially (get it sorted Boris) no import tax, could a Berlin built MY in a year be not far off the cost of an imported M3 from Fremont? When other models eventually come out of Berlin, they could be quite a bit cheaper as well.

I’ve arranged a test drive of a M3 in a couple of weeks. The clincher for me is the space in the back. I normally do regular trips around the country, but not at the moment, with 4 adults in the car. If I decide I need the extra height in the back, I’ll hang on until the Berlin built MYs are available.

I’ve been thinking that myself. I was looking at a M3LR towards the end of the year but with the recent MY price reductions, reduced shipping costs and potentially (get it sorted Boris) no import tax, could a Berlin built MY in a year be not far off the cost of an imported M3 from Fremont? When other models eventually come out of Berlin, they could be quite a bit cheaper as well.

I’ve arranged a test drive of a M3 in a couple of weeks. The clincher for me is the space in the back. I normally do regular trips around the country, but not at the moment, with 4 adults in the car. If I decide I need the extra height in the back, I’ll hang on until the Berlin built MYs are available.
There's an akward cross bar that's placed behind the rear passengers heads in the MY. Impact of it depends on how tall the rear passengers are and whether the seats are reclined.

Just something to consider when comparing the rear passenger space.

There's an akward cross bar that's placed behind the rear passengers heads in the MY. Impact of it depends on how tall the rear passengers are and whether the seats are reclined.

Just something to consider when comparing the rear passenger space.

Thanks. The passengers aren’t giants. I’m just short of 6 foot 2 and only one of the passengers is any where near my height and at the moment he wouldn’t sit behind me in my current car. Anybody sat behind needs to do a rapid exit as my seat moves back when I get out and it has been known to trap people!

I’m still favouring a M3LR lease at the moment. Although there are a few things in the MY that I prefer, I’m also wary of getting any car in the first production runs out of Berlin. My current car was one of the early UK cars of its type and it spent quite a lot of its early life being fixed.