Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Give me back my M3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Collected my M3 two weeks ago and it went back in today for scheduled works to correct the numerous small issues found on collection day. They've given me a 2017 Mx as a courtesy car and I dislike it immensely :(. I think if I hadn't had the M3 for the past 2 weeks maybe I'd like it but it just feels so old fashioned after having my M3. Presumably the 2020 Mx has a more updated feel in the interior?

p.s. managed to embarrass myself by accidentally opening one rear door and whilst trying to work out how to close it managed to open the other one too :(. Pretencious looking things, does anyone actually like them?)

I guess it’s what you’re used to. I’m in an MS performance as a daily cruiser. I tried the M3P and loved the drive, but hated the cramped interior and lack of info on display. If it was my only “sporty” car (and didn’t have to look at it head on) that’s what I would go for, but I do have dedicated performance cars.

I’m sure MX owners love their doors and front windscreens :)

Anyway not sure why folks compare the different Tesla models to each other - they are different use cases.

Last edited:
FRUNKS, I felt the same when I had a 2017 MX as a loaner which bits were being done to my M3LR. I couldn't wait to give it back. That felt really silly as it's a very expensive and very nice car, but it drove like a bit Volvo compared to the 3 and there were so many squeeks and rattles on the interior.

The "dance" mode that my kids told me about was funny though, but only if done in a private place so you don't get stared at!!

There interior of a 2020 X is pretty much the same I believe. Personally I've had an S and X and much prefer the X over the S. That said you notice the efficiency difference between the X and the 3 quite a lot. The loaner cars being locked in chill also ruin part of the experience.

Wow! A loaner X!

In seven years of owning two S's and a 3, I've never once gotten a Model X as a loaner!

We did a 24 hour test drive on an X and loved it but just couldn't bring ourselves to justify the cost of yet another Tesla. We'd love to have a loaner X from time to time, though.

I had a 2017 MX as a loaner for two days and I thought it was brilliant. Self-presenting doors and of course the falcon doors just make it seem like its from the future :) Or maybe I have low expectations?

I found it really easy to drive too. It doesn't feel huge or heavy, or like you're driving a bus. I definitely would get one if I had my own family, etc.