Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GM Chevy Volt

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Incentive Alert: Lease Chevy Volt For Price Of Chevy Cruze

Current Deals & Offers: Incentives and Specials | Chevrolet

$222 Per Month; 36 Months
For Current Owners and Lessees of 1999 or newer select non-GM vehicles:
$0 down payment / $0 first month payment / $0 security deposit

(after all offers)**.

Tax, title, license, and dealer fees extra.
Mileage charge of $0.25/mile over 45,000 miles.

Payments are for a 2018 CHEVROLET Volt LT with an MSRP of $33,220. 36 monthly payments total $8,208. 35 monthly payments total $7,980. Option to purchase at lease end for an amount to be determined at lease signing. Lessor must approve lease. Take delivery by 04-02-2018. Lessee pays for maintenance, repair, excess wear and disposition fee of $395 or less at end of lease. Payments may be higher in some states. Not available with other offers.

**Current Owners and Lessees of 1999 or newer Daewoo, Daihatsu, Honda, Hyundai, Isuzu, Kia, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Scion, Subaru, Suzuki and Toyota vehicles: Payments are based on an MSRP of $33,220. 35 monthly payments total $7,980. Must show proof of ownership/lease. Option to purchase at lease end for an amount to be determined at lease signing. Lessor must approve lease. Take delivery by 04-02-2018. Lessee pays for maintenance, repair, excess wear and disposition fee of $395 or less at end of lease. Payments may be higher in some states. Not available with other offers.

Incentive Alert: Lease Chevy Volt For Price Of Chevy Cruze

Current Deals & Offers: Incentives and Specials | Chevrolet

$222 Per Month; 36 Months
For Current Owners and Lessees of 1999 or newer select non-GM vehicles:
$0 down payment / $0 first month payment / $0 security deposit

(after all offers)**.

Tax, title, license, and dealer fees extra.
Mileage charge of $0.25/mile over 45,000 miles.

Payments are for a 2018 CHEVROLET Volt LT with an MSRP of $33,220. 36 monthly payments total $8,208. 35 monthly payments total $7,980. Option to purchase at lease end for an amount to be determined at lease signing. Lessor must approve lease. Take delivery by 04-02-2018. Lessee pays for maintenance, repair, excess wear and disposition fee of $395 or less at end of lease. Payments may be higher in some states. Not available with other offers.

**Current Owners and Lessees of 1999 or newer Daewoo, Daihatsu, Honda, Hyundai, Isuzu, Kia, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Scion, Subaru, Suzuki and Toyota vehicles: Payments are based on an MSRP of $33,220. 35 monthly payments total $7,980. Must show proof of ownership/lease. Option to purchase at lease end for an amount to be determined at lease signing. Lessor must approve lease. Take delivery by 04-02-2018. Lessee pays for maintenance, repair, excess wear and disposition fee of $395 or less at end of lease. Payments may be higher in some states. Not available with other offers.
So you could lease a nice car (I have been really pleased with ours) that for most people without a really long commute is incredibly inexpensive to run, especially in a warm climate like yours, with no range anxiety. Hope a lot of people go for this.

Reactions: shrspeedblade
The 2019 Chevy Volt gets some much welcomed new features:
- 7.2 kW onboard charger
- lower ERDTT temp setting (-13F)
- Power driver's seat!
- the Bolt's rear view mirror camera (I think)
- improved regen profiles

2019 Chevy Volt Finally Gets 7.2 kW Charger, -13 F Engine Activation

Not liking the switchable cruise control. I've seen a few cars that offer both blind and adaptive cruise on the same car (mostly Infintis,) and it always seems like a recipe for mode confusion caused accidents (thinking you're in adaptive when you aren't and rear ending someone,) with no real benefit.

Not liking the switchable cruise control. I've seen a few cars that offer both blind and adaptive cruise on the same car (mostly Infintis,) and it always seems like a recipe for mode confusion caused accidents (thinking you're in adaptive when you aren't and rear ending someone,) with no real benefit.

Sometimes I don’t want to deal with the phantom braking that’s exhibited on most radar cruise control systems and I just want dumb cruise control. I hope this is a setting Tesla adds in the future.

I just wanted to post a brief summary of my 2016 2nd gen Volt ownership, as it is being sold to a friend now that we have the Model 3. Overall, it was an excellent vehicle. In only 2 1/2 years I put 94k on it (drove the wheels off lol) and in that time I spent $0 on repairs and only did 3 oil changes since 2/3 of my miles were electric. I found it far more engaging and enjoyable to drive than the Prius I rented for a week several years ago, it's an excellent EV with zero range anxiety (important to some people) if you're driving less than 50 miles a day (more with charging), and I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one if I was ever again looking for a good commuter.

Is my Model 3 a better car? Hands down, yes! It's faster, but the Volt is no slouch and only lacks some passing punch. It handles far better, but for being a front wheel drive commuter I would still describe the Volt as fun. I'm surprised my 3 is kicking the Volt's butt on EV efficiency, especially at highway speeds. However, take away the supercharger network and I would still be driving the Volt, and if a Model 3 or other Tesla isn't in the cards for you right now, the Volt is still an excellent choice both as a transportation device and for its light environmental impact.

It bodes well for Tesla that they've already surpassed an excellent offering from one of the world's largest automakers.

Sometimes I don’t want to deal with the phantom braking that’s exhibited on most radar cruise control systems and I just want dumb cruise control. I hope this is a setting Tesla adds in the future.
I've never have phantom breaking when using TAA on our AP1 Model S or the Model 3.

Sometimes it slows down a little more than I would when someone cuts into my lane, but otherwise it just works as expected.

Other systems may not work well, but at least on a Tesla, I would never go back to dumb cruise control.

Date of Death: 2/21/19. RIP Volt
Chevy Volt Production Has Officially Come To An End

What a shame as the Volt really served as a gateway EV and did more than many would acknowledge to advance the mission of EV's. I owned two of them and they were the best cars that I have owned.

Luckily Tesla is in the drivers seat now and will keep all manufacturers honest. If GM slow walks further EV development and production, it will be to their peril. IMO this is one of the biggest blunders that they could have made at this time. It is like they do not even care about their consumers.....well at least the ones who have no interest in driving a 2.5 ton pickup.

Reactions: shrspeedblade
It's 1999 all over again. "{Rick} Wagoner has said the biggest mistake he ever made as chief executive was killing the EV1"

It's different.
They sell the Bolt.
And in China they still have the Buick Velite 6, which is currently PHEV, but will also be sold as a BEV.
Maybe if a deal gets hammered out with China, they'll try to export the Velite 6 to the USA.

Reactions: mattjs33
GM will always have difficulty marketing electric vehicles due to dealers hindering their sales. Dealers make more money selling and servicing ICE vehicles. I bought my first Volt from a dealer in Houston. When we wanted to trade the 2012 Volt for a 2014 Volt, the dealer we purchased from said they don't sell Volts anymore. To find the color and options we wanted, we had to drive north of Dallas to buy the 2014.

It's different.
They sell the Bolt.
And in China they still have the Buick Velite 6, which is currently PHEV, but will also be sold as a BEV.
Maybe if a deal gets hammered out with China, they'll try to export the Velite 6 to the USA.

The Bolt does not compete with the Volt.

The Volt has a viable use case against the Model 3 where the Bolt just looks stupid next to the Model 3.

Reactions: dhrivnak
For those that can't afford a Tesla, the Volt was the car I recommended to most folks who were looking to drive electric and didn't want more than one vehicle. The non-Tesla public charging infrastructure availability and reliability is still relatively poor. (I drove a BMW i3 REX for couple of years, DC fast charging on trips, and man did I appreciate the rarely used gas backup when I needed it.) Most people's daily driving pattern is such that they can recharge a Volt on 110V overnight and hardly ever use gas. No particular electrical upgrades needed either. Just an outlet near where you parked.

It was a very easy car with which to start driving electric, as many can attest.