Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GM Is Bringing Back HUMMER, and It Has 1,000 Electric Horsepower!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Breaking News: GM Is Bringing Back HUMMER, and It Has 1,000 Electric Horsepower! (Video) - The Fast Lane Truck

2022-gmc-hummer-electric-ev-grille.jpg

GMC HUMMER EV – It’s coming soon.

Our world is about to be flipped on its head. GM is bringing back the HUMMER brand. It’s going to be a GMC HUMMER EV. General Motors reveals these specification. The HUMMER electric will have 1,000 horsepower and 11,500 lb-ft of torque. They did not say if this will be based on two, three, or four electric motors.

GMC also says the HUMMER EV will be capable of a 0-60 MPH acceleration of 3.0 seconds.

The HUMMER EV will be built in Michigan. The HUMMER EV will be fully revealed on May 20, 2020. GMC says it will go on sale in the Fall 2021.

you used to see lots of those stupid hummers and hum2's in the bay area, when that craze was still popular.

come to think of it, now; I don't think I've seen one on a bay area road for a good several years, now. odd how no one seems to keep them very long; maybe they got bored or didn't like the cost of ownership and gas? ;)

glad they left; sad to see them coming back again ;(

you used to see lots of those stupid hummers and hum2's in the bay area, when that craze was still popular.

come to think of it, now; I don't think I've seen one on a bay area road for a good several years, now. odd how no one seems to keep them very long; maybe they got bored or didn't like the cost of ownership and gas? ;)

glad they left; sad to see them coming back again ;(

I had a Hummer h3. I've had it since 2006. Sold it a few weeks ago.

If they come out with a Hummer that does 0-60 in 3 seconds and it is a real truck with some ground clearance and priced Right... I might sell the Tesla for the second year model.

Also want it to be smaller than a full size pickup. Hopefully it's a midsize pickup and must come with Chevy cruise autopilot system.

How is that Hummer craze different than the Tesla truck craze? That Tesla truck is way bigger and more ubsurd even if you ask me. My H3 is the same size as a Jeep grand Cherokee.

The question is what's next after the electric Hummer. GM plans on using the same battery and motor platform for multiple electric vehicles. If they are claiming the Hummer pickup will do 0-60 in 3 I assume someday an electric Corvette will do it in 2.

If they come out with a Hummer that does 0-60 in 3 seconds and it is a real truck with some ground clearance and priced Right... I might sell the Tesla for the second year model.

Also want it to be smaller than a full size pickup. Hopefully it's a midsize pickup and must come with Chevy cruise autopilot system.

How is that Hummer craze different than the Tesla truck craze? That Tesla truck is way bigger and more ubsurd even if you ask me. My H3 is the same size as a Jeep grand Cherokee.

The question is what's next after the electric Hummer. GM plans on using the same battery and motor platform for multiple electric vehicles. If they are claiming the Hummer pickup will do 0-60 in 3 I assume someday an electric Corvette will do it in 2.

The Cybertruck is a truck...the Hummer was big for the sake of being big.

I'm really excited about this! The power to accelerate, the torque (11.5k ft-lbs - really? - Dodge made a huge deal out of 1000 ft-lbs on it's diesel monster) to pull a house! I would expect a generally environmentally conscious group like Tesla owners to be excited.

Lots to reveal but it's got me wanting more which is what they want. Exciting times to be a gearhead.

Reactions: P3dStealth

Agreed - the Cybertruck is huge. I can't wait to see what this looks like. I was really hoping that the Cybertruck was more like some of the earlier speculative design concepts and was disappointed with the final product. I owned (restored) an HMMWV - it was fun to drive but it was a pig. I putting my MX reservation on hold to see what happens later this year with the new entries into the EV truck race.

Reactions: P3dStealth
The Cybertruck is a truck...the Hummer was big for the sake of being big.

It was a great truck. I drove my H3 all over Arizona. I admit most people don't need it's ground clearance or ability but I used it. I assume the Cyber truck will be they same with most just going to the mall. If you've ever been in an H2 it is big. I am not a fan because it's hard to drive but I will say it's incredibly comfortable and had an amazing amount of room inside.

Agreed - the Cybertruck is huge. I can't wait to see what this looks like. I was really hoping that the Cybertruck was more like some of the earlier speculative design concepts and was disappointed with the final product. I owned (restored) an HMMWV - it was fun to drive but it was a pig. I putting my MX reservation on hold to see what happens later this year with the new entries into the EV truck race.

This is a Tesla forum. They will hate on every other car here. I love my Tesla but GM dropping an electric Hummer that competes is shocking and great. I agree with your view on Cyber truck and am hoping GM has a great design coming. The power was amazingly unexpected.

It will look great in the same way the Volt looked great. It will no doubt disappoint the same way GMs lukewarm BEVs have.
they will find some way to mess it up or not make enough, or somehow invalidate it.
The Bolt is a perfect example. It looked ok, had decent specs and should have been a success, but couldn’t even shift 18k of them in 2019
The Hummer will look great, have decent specs but GM will find a way to ensure it will be overshadowed by Rivian and Cybertruck

It will look great in the same way the Volt looked great. It will no doubt disappoint the same way GMs lukewarm BEVs have.
they will find some way to mess it up or not make enough, or somehow invalidate it.
The Bolt is a perfect example. It looked ok, had decent specs and should have been a success, but couldn’t even shift 18k of them in 2019
The Hummer will look great, have decent specs but GM will find a way to ensure it will be overshadowed by Rivian and Cybertruck

The bolt was one ugly car. GM forgot people still buy cool looking things that go fast. That's why the bolt failed.

Typical GM move.

Of all their defunct brands and vehicles to bring back, they picked Hummer instead of reviving Pontiac, Oldsmobile, etc. Or making a new all-electric Cadillac flagship - competition for the Model S.

Instead they’ll make an overpriced, 4 ton, 650 Wh/mile or worse electron guzzler most likely. Guaranteed it will be an off-road beast if the trail is wide enough, but terrible on-road.

Electrek.co: GMC Hummer electric pickup: new pictures and features released.
GMC Hummer electric pickup: new pictures and features released - Electrek

No comments about the released video and pictures yet so I figured I'd bring it up.

I am amazingly happy and surprised it is still a real SUV with ground clearance and off-road ability. I expected a crossover or lower truck like everyone's been going. If you ask me it looks good. The frunk is huge and opens low to the bumper. The open top thing is really cool. I am honestly surprised with all the new ideas they are putting into this. GM normally just makes boring cars but this is impressive.

Reactions: jmaddr
Also it doesn't look like it's a full-size. That looks like a midsize. It looks smaller than cybertruck. Take a look at the pictures with people standing in and next to it. I think it's about 4 door jeep size which is great.

I’ve bought 7 new Tesla’s over the last 4 years and love the cars but always struggle to get what should be minor issues corrected. I’ve also bought a lot of new luxury cars and had no issues with service other than a diesel Mercedes that was a real problem car. Again I love our Teslas but I’d buy a new good looking Hummer over the Cybertruck in a heartbeat if it’s competitive in price. Tesla’s big advantage is they advertise a really cheap price that will likely be at least 3-4 years away if they actually build the cheap version. There is the high possibility that they will say the cheap version will not have the range and only offer profitable versions, but at least they got hype over the price.