Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GME and AMC stock action (out of main)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
AMC is even worse. The public float is only 56 million shares out of 287 million. So even a 30% short of the float is really 6% of all shares and who owns these? Chinese government. Really. Wonder at which point they'll sell a little to cash in. Not for the money but maybe for other favors from financial institutions they help bailing out by doing so.

• Informative
Reactions: capster and M|S|W
This user has got to be going crazy: https://www.reddit.com/user/DeepFuckingValue

This was from yesterday @ 147... now $293
cltvfhzmrqd61.png
This is the guy that started this 17 months ago by investing $53k in calls (think they were for $12) that expired last Friday.

He is Roaring Kitty on youtube. He looks and sounds exactly like you imagine a wallstreetbets guy would.

But he actually had a plan for how this would happen. And WHEN, he timed it perfectly. His model actually made some sense and still does.

This is the guy that started this 17 months ago by investing $53k in calls (think they were for $12) that expired last Friday.
He's the actual starter not Burry. Incredible conviction on his part. I do not have the ability to keep holding after it hit $150 but this guy is still holding apparently.

Anyway, I put in some pocket change that I could afford to lose entirely at $97 and that's working out quite nicely. It's not even about the gains, it's the hilarity of sticking it to the man for once (and normally I don't even engage in that kind of thing).

Sold 10 each 65p and 75p expiring Jan 29 yesterday. The stock was at 80 then and the IV was at 600%. After 4X one would have thought that it would have become completely worthless. This was today morning just before the market open. 90-95% of the values were gone.
Screen Shot 2021-01-27 at 15.28.54.png

However, at market open, obviously the IV spiked to 1000% and am back to only 60-70% profits. The squeeze is still yet to come. I am pondering if I should just close these puts, and buy stocks. 20 short term puts take up huge margins
Screen Shot 2021-01-27 at 16.54.22.png

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
I hope they just go through stock by stock maybe a new one each month and just burn the shorts. GME is the start, then they all get capital and move onto AMC, then get more and move onto EXPR. Rinse and repeat. Interesting times we live in.

Yeah, I don't think they plan to go thru the stocks one by one; they are planning to wreck the shortz one by one. ;)

Chamath Palihapitiya on Twitter: "dear journal, today was busy:
1. bought some YOLO calls on $gme
2. announced i'm running for governor of CA
3. bought more Li, Ni and Co supply for batteries
4. finished details of a new insurance company i co-founded
details of #4 coming tmr morning. lmk what you think..." / Twitter

Cheers!

Last edited:
One thing that's quite amusing is all the news articles with financial guys saying that WSB is doing something that's isn't rational. It's actually rational given what they believe to be true; just because what they think is true might not be doesn't mean the action itself isn't rational.

And it certainly isn't looking like they're wrong so far. They've apparently already ran over a 13B hedge fund (back at $175ish) and it's still a speeding freight train.

This user has got to be going crazy: https://www.reddit.com/user/DeepFuckingValue

This was from yesterday @ 147... now $293
cltvfhzmrqd61.png
At $360 right now (subject to change) he would have something like $45 million.

Again starting with $53k.

In all fairness. I don't know if this is correct and I've only seen it mentioned a few times on reddit so no idea if true but he had something like 1.4 million in his account when investing that $53k. So a huge gamble but still only like 3-4% of his then portfolio.

Can't imagine holding though once your trade becomes 30x your previous net worth.

Oh wait. I turned my $15k net worth into $900k right now. All in one stock. In about 17 months. Still holding.

At $360 right now (subject to change) he would have something like $45 million.

Again starting with $53k.

In all fairness. I don't know if this is correct and I've only seen it mentioned a few times on reddit so no idea if true but he had something like 1.4 million in his account when investing that $53k. So a huge gamble but still only like 3-4% of his then portfolio.

Can't imagine holding though once your trade becomes 30x your previous net worth.

Oh wait. I turned my $15k net worth into $900k right now. All in one stock. In about 17 months. Still holding.
That is the impressive part. I'm taking notes. ;)

I’m not sure if my darling Virgin Galactic/SPCE - which some here have derided and I understand their reasons - is up as strongly as it is (+129% in January as I pen this) - because of the anti-short playing around right now throughout the market, because of a collective Chamath Can Do No Wrong mentality, because of a Tesla-like High Probability of Sustained Future Growth realization, or something else.
As a long-term investor, I certainly hope it’s 90% or so the last, <10% the Chamath Effect, and 0% the first. As someone who has been a vitriolically outspoken despiser of short selling for decades, I am on the high ground when I say that what we are seeing now is, nonetheless, one of the most irresponsible market activities - in fact, #1 by a wide margin - that has occurred in my lifetime. I’ll rank it as equal to the Tulip Bubble, which predates even me (not sure about Dad, though!:D). It is not “bound to”; it is guaranteed to end in tears. Good luck to all who are playing the GME hot potato game and may you not be the last one holding.