Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GME and AMC stock action (out of main)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
is EXPR heavily shorted?
It isn’t just GameStop: Here are some of the other heavily shorted stocks shooting higher

In addition to the “wider squeeze play” of the more shorted stocks, Wedbush’s Redding said the stock benefited from an “investor stampede” following bullish comments from a Twitter “personality” Will Meade.

Meade’s Twitter profile says he’s a former portfolio manager at a Goldman Sachs founded $1 billion hedge fund, with over 127,000 followers (he’s not verified).

On Jan. 22, just before Express’s two-day rocket ride, Meade tweeted that Express’s stock fit the criteria of being the next GameStop, as it had a low stock price, had a retail brand name that could turn around and had high short interest levels, at about 13% of the public float.

All these attempts to distract away from GME by the "news" (I'm not saying you, I'm referring to media articles) are pretty amusing. GME is probably unprecedented because it had over 100% of the float in short interest. A piddling 13% isn't even worth thinking about.
Maybe, but someone has a serious erection over this thing. Up 75% since opening.

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
$110 share price is insane... Those Reddit WSB guys must be going crazy right now. It was $18/shr 2 weeks ago.
whats that?
upload_2021-1-27_11-36-24.png

Attachments

• upload_2021-1-27_11-35-22.png
    upload_2021-1-27_11-35-22.png
    23.1 KB · Views: 32
Does anyone know if the wsb redditors are targeting NKLA as well? I just can't for the life of me understand how NKLA is up to around $30/share too lol.

Along these lines... anyone know if NKLA and SPCE were heavily shorted? I'm actually wondering if shorters are literally taking off their short bets out of fear of what's going on in GME and AMC.

For fun, bought some AMC and EXPR at opening. Both green now.:rolleyes:

F. Me! $EXPR, that's a new one in the mix, added it and straight to the top of my watchlist :eek: 320% up right now :eek:

I was screwed-up in a 3.5 hour conference call and couldn't trade the open :mad:

However, I did buy 100 $GME at $335, then sold 2 minutes later @ $350, then used the profits for 100 $AMC @ $16, so can play those a bit longer

I saw a post on WSB claiming $GME was still 129% shorted

• Funny
Reactions: Artful Dodger
All these attempts to distract away from GME by the "news" (I'm not saying you, I'm referring to media articles) are pretty amusing. GME is probably unprecedented because it had over 100% of the float in short interest. A piddling 13% isn't even worth thinking about.
Agree, any of the 'others' the institutional/original owners that own the stock not in the float could make a killing instantly by selling just a small part of their shares to shorties at a high price before announcing it. Share price would then instantly fall back down. Or they could do it by issuing new shares and sell the shorties.

In both cases all but a few of the retail investors would then be screwed.

GME is over 100% shorted not only for the float but for ALL shares. None of the others are close to that.

Reactions: Nocturnal
Along these lines... anyone know if NKLA and SPCE were heavily shorted? I'm actually wondering if shorters are literally taking off their short bets out of fear of what's going on in GME and AMC.
SPCE is #2 on this list after GME. I don't see NKLA.

High Short Interest Stocks

Top 5: GME, SPCE, AMC, BBBY, LGND

Edit: I got this link from a post on the TSLA thread. I don't know how accurate it is.

Last edited:
This belongs here:

TD broker has 'placed several restrictions' on trading in certain stocks including $GME and $AMC in interest of ''mitgating risk' to our company and clients".

Yeah, TD is naked short... :p

On the TD site: Might be OT?
What "Other Securities" they talking about?

View attachment 631131

Looks like the man is starting to panik. :p

Cheers!

Last edited:
This belongs here:

Looks like the man is starting to panik. :p

Cheers!
I just realized where I am, lol (bad post, automated transport).
You guys are worked up. How are retail investors suddenly aware of these squeeze events so quickly? Internet speed.
So here's a theory, that's what the reverse manipulators want you to think, "it's all the retail investors." Starting in congress with Nancy's husband, a coordinated attack on manipulation at highest levels?
OK, where should I test this out first?