Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Go Faster Going up again?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi. Just had my renewal through for Go Faster. I thought the new unit price was for 7.5p. Mines going up more.

BF1100DD-B4A1-4EF9-8238-C6FD9B3227B0.png

Clearly a bug in the system still, doesn't match your email at all - the times are wrong too. They can't offer one thing in the email and something different on the renewal page.

I wouldn't necessarily rush into any decisions just yet.

How many days notice did you receive from now until end of your current fixed term?

Clearly a bug in the system still, doesn't match your email at all - the times are wrong too. They can't offer one thing in the email and something different on the renewal page.

How many days notice did you receive from now until end of your current fixed term?
Got the email today so 39 days until the end of April.

Got the email today so 39 days until the end of April.

So they fell short of their 42 day obligation.

There has been some talk that the 42 day rule from OFGEM was relaxed, but that was a temporary thing for some providers.

I'd say worth highlighting to them that they didn't inform you 42 days in advance of the end of your fixed term, as per OFGEM rules. Also, the email doesn't match the link. The email doesn't make it clear what the off peak times are, the website link does but shows the standard go times yet also states go faster. This is inconsistent and confusing.

They fixed these errors for Go customers eventually, but those that had the same mistakes had their existing term extended.

So they fell short of their 42 day obligation.

There has been some talk that the 42 day rule from OFGEM was relaxed, but that was a temporary thing for some providers.

I'd say worth highlighting to them that they didn't inform you 42 days in advance of the end of your fixed term, as per OFGEM rules. Also, the email doesn't match the link. The email doesn't make it clear what the off peak times are, the website link does but shows the standard go times yet also states go faster. This is inconsistent and confusing.

They fixed these errors for Go customers eventually, but those that had the same mistakes had their existing term extended.
Thanks. Have just replied to the renewal email stating what you have said. Will let you know what they say if they reply.

Reactions: Irata

I'm with Octopus but on a non-EV fixed term which expires in a few weeks time. We use a lot of office power during the day and don't charge the car too much - hence the choice. I called them yesterday to check the EV options but no joy as I'd need a smart meter and there are currently no installation slots available.

They sent me a new pricing option two weeks ago which was approx double what we pay now - we held off but revisited now that it looks like the October CAP rise will be a lot more than expected (now predicted to be another 47%). Octopus informed me that I could only renew based on the rates on the renewal page (horrendous) and not on the rates they'd offered by email a couple of weeks ago. The guy I spoke to was adamant that this was the case.

Currently I'm planning to stick on variable rate as there doesn't seem to be a viable alternative now. Particularly as Octopus appear to have rowed back on their earlier renewal offer. I also need to push the smart meter installation to give more options in future. It's a right clusterf'ck innit!

Octopus informed me that I could only renew based on the rates on the renewal page (horrendous) and not on the rates they'd offered by email a couple of weeks ago. The guy I spoke to was adamant that this was the case.

Just raise a formal complaint with them, ask for it to be escalated to the executive complaints team as needed.

You don't have to take the word of one person.

You either try or you don't. Always be concise and polite, clearly stating repeatedly what the outcome you want is.

Reactions: ACarneiro
Just raise a formal complaint with them, ask for it to be escalated to the executive complaints team as needed.

You don't have to take the word of one person.

You either try or you don't. Always be concise and polite, clearly stating repeatedly what the outcome you want is.
Yes, I'm not finished with it. I just need to do the sums to see if a doubled rate is actually worthwhile versus variable with CAP. I guess it's pretty close now but there is also the unknown whereby the (mis) Goverment can apparently change the CAP at any time, not just the historical intervals. Minefield.

Reactions: Irata
My fixed Go Faster period expires in 2 days. I did not get any kind of renewal email until this morning, which says:

We thought you should know that on 25th March 2022, you'll reach the end of your fixed term, and automatically moved to Octopus Go Faster: our always great value variable tariff.

Our prices have been adjusted recently to account for the latest changes in wholesale costs. You'll always find the most up-to-date rates in your online account.

You don't need to do anything, but if you'd like to fix your prices, you can do so at any time in your online account.

Good to know: Our Octopus Go Faster has no exit fees, so you're always in control.

The embedded links take me to the renewal page which shows I'm currently on this:

1648040627730.png

And the best of the two options I'm given is the Loyal Octopus 10M Fixed, which is this:

1648040691702.png

My £218 direct debit will change to £795 with this "loyal" deal. I'm going to treat this as quite comical for the time being, and assume it's some kind of system error. I know prices are going to increase, but a 365% bump in fuel bills can't possibly be right. I'll wait until my account changes at the end of the 25th to see what actually happens. I suspect I may be making some calls to Octopus in the near future...

My fixed Go Faster period expires in 2 days. I did not get any kind of renewal email until this morning, which says:

The embedded links take me to the renewal page which shows I'm currently on this:

View attachment 784765

And the best of the two options I'm given is the Loyal Octopus 10M Fixed, which is this:

View attachment 784766

My £218 direct debit will change to £795 with this "loyal" deal. I'm going to treat this as quite comical for the time being, and assume it's some kind of system error. I know prices are going to increase, but a 365% bump in fuel bills can't possibly be right. I'll wait until my account changes at the end of the 25th to see what actually happens. I suspect I may be making some calls to Octopus in the near future...
The quote you have pictured above isn’t the new go faster quote. The link should take you to the go faster quote. What weird is you shouldn’t automatically roll over to faster. Mine says I will go on the flexible rate if I don’t do anything. I’m guessing you might have slipped through and will stay on your old tariff.

View attachment 784765

View attachment 784766

I got that email which clearly makes no sense then they renewed me at the existing 2019 rate for another year.
As others have said they have not given you sufficient notice to move you so you have a right to claim at least another 42 days.
if you log into your account what does it show on your dashboard Octopus Energy
mine showed existing and new and they were the same so I just sat tight

edit looks like this but there were 2 panels before it renewed:

1648042191140.png

The quote you have pictured above isn’t the new go faster quote. The link should take you to the go faster quote.
Yes, but there's no link in the email, nor any reference to being able to move to the new Go Faster anywhere on my account.

Some people have been auto-renewed at the old Go Faster rates, so that's why I'm waiting before contacting them. If I can't stay on Go Faster I'll likely have to move to Intelligent.

Yes, but there's no link in the email, nor any reference to being able to move to the new Go Faster anywhere on my account.

Some people have been auto-renewed at the old Go Faster rates, so that's why I'm waiting before contacting them. If I can't stay on Go Faster I'll likely have to move to Intelligent.
I think you will be lucky and get another year at your current rate. I wonder why some people get it and some don’t