Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gods, Guns and America

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

abasile

TSLA shareholder
Supporting Member
"God, Guns, and America" -- Yes, Tesla already has a large number of American customers who worship God, desire to have the means to physically defend their families and/or go hunting, and love their country. Many others with those values will be eager to check out the Tesla Pickup, and they should be welcomed into the Tesla Family. Of course, the AR-15 is way over the top, and if people really care about their country, they shouldn't perpetuate dependence on oil. For an American, a Tesla is truly the most patriotic vehicle one can buy, more so than a Ford or GM - that's the message we want our friends and neighbors to hear.
Oh my...... This must be Ford’s moat

View attachment 464202

"God, Guns, and America" -- Yes, Tesla already has a large number of American customers who worship God, desire to have the means to physically defend their families and/or go hunting, and love their country. Many others with those values will be eager to check out the Tesla Pickup, and they should be welcomed into the Tesla Family. Of course, the AR-15 is way over the top, and if people really care about their country, they shouldn't perpetuate dependence on oil. For an American, a Tesla is truly the most patriotic vehicle one can buy, more so than a Ford or GM - that's the message we want our friends and neighbors to hear.
There is no god and assault rifles are inherently dangerous with pretty much no functional utility in modern society. Inappropriate for a country founded on religious freedom currently going through a mass shooting epidemic.

Hunting rifle and American flag promotion? Go for it.

Tying this in to the "Tesla wave" discussion.....I don't care who buys an EV. Non-waving dbags, gun nuts, religious freaks. Perpetuating lunacy just to sell cars doesn't help any of our friends and neighbors.

There is no god and assault rifles are inherently dangerous with pretty much no functional utility in modern society. Inappropriate for a country founded on religious freedom currently going through a mass shooting epidemic.

I often wonder if your goal here is to bring down the level of discourse and generally disrupt the forum. I take all your previous posts into consideration when I consider that possibility.

Mod: Religious and firearms discussions are absolutely banned in this part of the forum. There are a couple of posts that will be moved to off-topic in the near future. After that, the mods here can no longer move postings, so any followups will be nuked. --ggr.

Here is the new thread: Gods, Guns and America
Fair enough. However, please allow me to point out that my intent wasn't to debate God, guns, or patriotism, but rather to point out that it's important to have an inclusive attitude toward prospective owners and investors with such values. That Ford dealer ad was nuts, all right, but I hope we can avoid a repeat of the "pious Prius" stereotype - no point in alienating a large segment of the population. With that said, would it not be appropriate to move the original post (Ford dealer ad) here as well?

• Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Fair enough. However, please allow me to point out that my intent wasn't to debate God, guns, or patriotism, but rather to point out that it's important to have an inclusive attitude toward prospective owners and investors with such values. That Ford dealer ad was nuts, all right, but I hope we can avoid a repeat of the "pious Prius" stereotype - no point in alienating a large segment of the population. With that said, would it not be appropriate to move the original post (Ford dealer ad) here as well?
Mod: you're right, and I thought I did. My apologies. Unfortunately I can't correct it because of the way the forum software works. --ggr

Don't see the need to ask Brother Maynard to bring forth the Book of Armaments.

Some people will always react badly to change - even all-American change, as shown by the ICE-ing of Superchargers or the deliberate scratching of paintwork.

I think conflating religion, gun culture, and trucks with patriotism is foolish in general - including as it relates to Electric Vehicles.
Yes, I agree. These really should be kept separate. It does a disservice to religion to conflate it with particular cultural stereotypes. And it does a disservice to EV adoption to associate EVs with particular social groups and not others.

However, like it or not, there is a significant subset of the population that thinks of God, guns, and trucks as part of their identity. Personally, I am a Christian, but I'm not really into guns or trucks. I have friends and neighbors who are. I think it's important to try to understand others' perspectives, value them as people, and when presenting new technology and paradigms to them, be sensitive to their wants and needs.