Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Going to Falcon Heavy launch discussion

Do you plan to see the launch?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Okay, according to the tickets, they say ill shall bring my own chair.
Is this a general writing from earlier/other spots/cheaper/etc, tickets?
-Or do they actually mean that we who have bought the "feel the heat" package with catering needs to bring our own chairs?

off course there are other writing there aswell, bring hats, sunglasses, mosquito repellent, etc.
Thats whats leads me to believe that it isnt a specific instruction for this package, but i could be wrong also?

Okay, according to the tickets, they say ill shall bring my own chair.
Is this a general writing from earlier/other spots/cheaper/etc, tickets?
-Or do they actually mean that we who have bought the "feel the heat" package with catering needs to bring our own chairs?

off course there are other writing there aswell, bring hats, sunglasses, mosquito repellent, etc.
Thats whats leads me to believe that it isnt a specific instruction for this package, but i could be wrong also?

FtH specific:
Info packet is the same as the pdf on the KSC web site.
The site (Apollo/ Saturn V) has facilities and indoors stuff, but there is limited outdoor seating, so bringing a ground blanket or shoulder carried chair may be a good idea. If flying in, get cheap blanket in FL.
No word yet on menu for lunch.

We’ll be staying at a friends in Orlando. Weather forecast ( for what it’s worth ) 67F and partly sunny, winds 9mph from the East on the 6th. We have “Closest” tickets. Some one on the Tesla Florida FB page posted their placard saying to arrive 6 hours ahead of the scheduled launch.

We’ll be staying at a friends in Orlando. Weather forecast ( for what it’s worth ) 67F and partly sunny, winds 9mph from the East on the 6th. We have “Closest” tickets. Some one on the Tesla Florida FB page posted their placard saying to arrive 6 hours ahead of the scheduled launch.

Wow, guess our 5hr early pass isn't going to beat the rush... Normally, parking doesn't open till 30 minutes before KCSVC does, so 8:30am. With a 1:30 launch, they are bringing people in at 7:30!

Current long range weather forecast: 40% chance of rain on the 6th.

For all those with tight timelines, I hope FH launches the 6th.

(For FtH and Closest: If scrub occurs after KSCVC opens, food still happens the 6th and there is a do-over with food the 7th (assuming the 7th does not get scrubbed before KSCVC opens)).

So pumped :D

Attachments

• 31JAN18.pdf
    114.8 KB · Views: 39
Reactions: Xenius
24086DB1-34CC-4B1E-AE8E-B99B7EB4773D.png
Current long range weather forecast: 40% chance of rain on the 6th.

For all those with tight timelines, I hope FH launches the 6th.

(For FtH and Closest: If scrub occurs after KSCVC opens, food still happens the 6th and there is a do-over with food the 7th (assuming the 7th does not get scrubbed before KSCVC opens)).

So pumped :D
Weather reports in Florida , especially long range, are fairly meaningless. A 40% chance of rain might mean there are 4 hours during the day when the chance of rain is 10%.

Reactions: Xenius
View attachment 277148
Weather reports in Florida , especially long range, are fairly meaningless. A 40% chance of rain might mean there are 4 hours during the day when the chance of rain is 10%.

As the only new information available to present, I stand by my post :rolleyes: (plus if weather is really bad, that could indicate a more reliable problem)

Since we are on the subject:
Do weather percentages really work like that? I mean, an hour has 60 minutes, so why not 10%*4*60= 2400% chance of rain?

From my attachment:
Percentages refer to the probability of an event occurring within the Spaceport and not areal or temporal coverage
To me, this means there is a 40% chance of at least one rain event during the time period (of any length and size). Of course, we mostly care about 2 hours or so (fueling to launch).