Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Good cellular service but no internet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got 2018.21.9 and my browser works again! I can also bring up the owner's manual for the first time since the last update (2018.20). I have MCU2.

Glad to hear it. I have the new software icon, but I'm out of town and hate to run updates away from the safety of my driveway in case something goes wrong. Will install when I'm back home next week.

I received the delivery on Dec 31,2018. I am having the same issue as OP mentioned, web browzer doesn't display anything and Owners Manual doesn't show however music, maps, directions works. Took it to the service center, they just reset by holding 2 scroll buttons. Now sometimes internet works and sometimes it doesn't. Not sure what will be solution to have continuous internet.

I was told the recent firmware has a bug and it is being worked on. Also, ATT mobile is really crappy in many areas. Using my Verizon cell on hotspot usually works much better.

Even though I have 2 access points the car does not use my wifi very well. I will probably add another access point.

The non-browser data requirements for the car are very low, so that navigation works without enough data to let the browser work is not a surprise. I'm sure the car prioritizes internal data over the browser.

I took delivery in late December and had to reboot a couple of times per day at least. When I took it in for a very minor warranty thing (gasket around a back up sensor) they politely asked if I had any other issues. Though I knew in my heart that they wouldn't find anything and that I was probably turning half an hour in the waiting room into 3 hours in the waiting room I mentioned the rebooting. Sure enough, they didn't find anything and I was there all morning. But the problem seems to have gone away (touch wood). I haven't had to reboot in at least a week. Of course I am not sitting in the car for hours going through the manual and menus nearly as much as I was in the first weeks.

Even though I have 2 access points the car does not use my wifi very well. I will probably add another access point.

Be sure you are not seeing multiple APs at about the same strength in the garage. That will confuse the heck out of any device.
Also, Install you new AP as close as you can (assuming hardwired and not mesh). If possible in the garage.

I put an new access point just on the other side of a wall from a garage and my car loads updates very fast. Usually in 20 minutes or less, when the estimated time showing in the car is 1h 20 minutes.