Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Good movies at the theater

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has no one seen Apollo 11 at the theaters?? Surprised not to see anyone discussing. Out since March 1.

Just came back from seeing it tonight and so worth going to see. Remember watching the launch and coverage on TV with my dad, mom and brother and following the progress day by day. The boosters on the Saturn V rocket up close like that on film, wow. Thank goodness all those years ago they filmed this for future generations to see. Footage from 70mm film, great colors, scenes you saw clips of over time in the past but so much more you didn’t. Can’t fail to be impressed by so much technology, engineering, mathematics, etc coming together back in 1969 to culiminate in such a sucessful mission from earth to moon landing and back.

^^^^
I did see it maybe a week or two ago in Liemax. A friend was afraid it'd be pulled from IMAX (actually Liemax) theaters in favor of other movies.

Yeah... was pretty decent and worth seeing in theaters. I haven't read anything about the restoration work that probably done on the footage, but I am amazed at how good the picture quality was on much of it.

Was kinda cool to see what those times looked like as I wasn't born yet.
Can’t fail to be impressed by so much technology, engineering, mathematics, etc coming together back in 1969 to culiminate in such a sucessful mission from earth to moon landing and back.
Indeed. I too am realized impressed by that, esp. given the computers and technology of the time.

I wonder how afraid the astronauts might've been in various stages such as landing on the moon, taking off from the moon, the burn to put them on course back to earth, the re-entry and landing.

Just came back from the theater tonight after seeing “Ford vs Ferrari”. Really enjoyed it. A bit before my time of watching TV coverage of 12-hr Sebring, 24- hr Daytona and 24-hr LeMans (such grueling races), etc. but still recognized some of the names from back then. Great cast. Really liked Matt Damon and Christian Bale in it.

I picked up tickets earlier and it was a fairly large theater it was shown in and pretty full. 7pm showing. We sat the row behind the D-Box seats and got to feel the rumble when they vibrated. The older guys in front of us in D-Box were in racing jackets from Cobra and Shelby. Found that interesting. Sort of like people in Star Wars or Star Trek attire at their movies I guess. A good part of the audience applauded at one point. A good amount of humor with audience laughing. It was nice to see a racetrack movie, and a decent one, as they aren’t what I’d say is typical Hollywood subject material. I heard Tom Cruise was originally cast and very happy they ended up with the cast they did.

I see that they are auctioning off one of the two GT40s made for the movie in January in Kissimmee FL. Replica Ford GT40 Used in Ford v Ferrari Movie to Roll across Auction Block

More on the cars: Those classic Shelby race cars in 'Ford v Ferrari' aren't what they seem | Boston.com

And more on the actors and who they portrayed (although you might want to read after seeing the movie): Ken Miles, portrayed by Christian Bale - 'Ford v Ferrari': 6 of the Film's Stars and Their Real-Life Inspirations

Last edited:
Just came back from the theater tonight after seeing “Ford vs Ferrari”. Really enjoyed it. A bit before my time of watching TV coverage of 12-hr Sebring, 24- hr Daytona and 24-hr LeMans (such grueling races), etc. but still recognized some of the names from back then. Great cast. Really liked Matt Damon and Christian Bale in it.

Thanks for the review - can't wait to see this !! Sounds like it would be great to show off a nice Home Theater system when it hits 4K Ultra HD ....

Reactions: SMAlset