Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Good RHD all weather mats?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There may be an argument for rubber mats in the rear, but in the front, from many years owning cars with rubber mats, heels (especially women drivers) soon start marking them on drivers side (over years they end up often penetrating them) and you end up with a sealed area that sweats and starts to corrode the floor area - same happens with rubber backed carpet. Carpets will allow the area to breathe and will dry out, yes even with kids and muddy football boots. I personally wouldn't go back to rubber mats.

There may be an argument for rubber mats in the rear, but in the front, from many years owning cars with rubber mats, heels (especially women drivers) soon start marking them on drivers side (over years they end up often penetrating them) and you end up with a sealed area that sweats and starts to corrode the floor area - same happens with rubber backed carpet. Carpets will allow the area to breathe and will dry out, yes even with kids and muddy football boots. I personally wouldn't go back to rubber mats.

I have to disagree, carpet mats wear out faster then good quality rubber mats, are much more practical for wet/muddy/snow covered shoes and also easier to clean. Carpet does give you that premium look compared to some rubber mats but if you look at the Tesla (not available yet in RHD) rubber mats or the Weathertech liners they do look premium.
I rotate mats, fabric for the summer and rubber for the winter, we do a lot of walking and have dogs so are always in and out with mucky boots and for our needs rubber is king!

This rubber v carpet mats is one I've pondered.

I have Telsa carpet mats but in the recent wet weather I have a satisfactory interim solution for extra protection. Amazon to the rescue; not to buy anything, god knows they get enough of my money, but they do supply me with what seems to be a never ending supply of excellent (free) quality cardboard! Being in a country area and not having nice clean tarmac to park on there's always a smear of wet mud on your shoes. Having a square of cardboard on top of the mat under my feet means that I get some protection and if it really is wet and mucky I can just throw it out and put in a fresh one! Not very stylish but I might persist through the worst of the winter.

• Funny
Reactions: Jez_GB and Roy W.
This rubber v carpet mats is one I've pondered.

I have Telsa carpet mats but in the recent wet weather I have a satisfactory interim solution for extra protection. Amazon to the rescue; not to buy anything, god knows they get enough of my money, but they do supply me with what seems to be a never ending supply of excellent (free) quality cardboard! Being in a country area and not having nice clean tarmac to park on there's always a smear of wet mud on your shoes. Having a square of cardboard on top of the mat under my feet means that I get some protection and if it really is wet and mucky I can just throw it out and put in a fresh one! Not very stylish but I might persist through the worst of the winter.

Stop shopping at amazon and stick wi' a bit o' silage wrap and straw, lad...

Diamond Car Mats Black and White Stitching Luxury Car Mats Set - Premium Car Floor Mats

I can’t decide if I like these or hate them? Different patterns and colours available!

I got a set of the Diamond mats (black with red stitching). They were a lot of work to fit and I'm still not 100pc happy with the result.

Tucking the rear side of the back seat mats under the seat was a real trial. Supplied with velco strips but I've no clue where they are supposed to go!

I never fancied that I would need installation instructions for car mats but it might have helped with these :-(

How do you contact Tesla Parts? I tried an email but haven't had a response (sent on Friday). I have a new SR+ and really want to get some mats. I was going to buy aftermarket ones at £69 but I hear that Teslas own carpet ones are £80 - so thought I would go for those.

I, and my kids, are already covering the floors in dirt so would like to get them pronto. Any ideas how to drum up Tesla and if they are centrally stocked or at every Tesla shop? Called Heathrow and when you select parts it just tells you to send an email.

Taptes all weather look great but they are a month to arrive - too long for me.

How do you contact Tesla Parts? I tried an email but haven't had a response (sent on Friday). I have a new SR+ and really want to get some mats. I was going to buy aftermarket ones at £69 but I hear that Teslas own carpet ones are £80 - so thought I would go for those.

I, and my kids, are already covering the floors in dirt so would like to get them pronto. Any ideas how to drum up Tesla and if they are centrally stocked or at every Tesla shop? Called Heathrow and when you select parts it just tells you to send an email.

Taptes all weather look great but they are a month to arrive - too long for me.
I can’t help you with contacting Tesla, but I can recommend some all weather mats.
I’ve got a LR AWD, which came with carpet mats, but in wet weather they were getting really grotty.

I got a set of rubber mats from
www.nextdaycarmats.com
They were £49.99 for the set, and fit really well. Surprisingly enough, they were delivered next day ;)

8CCAB0C6-3530-4C55-8E6D-B9D9A7C9584B.jpeg

DFD353C1-7C42-40A2-9812-253E0EB20164.jpeg

Reactions: Adopado
www.nextdaycarmats.com

After seeing Roy's mats on a previous thread I got some too ... so am happy to add a recommendation. Great value. Having a coloured edge just livens up an otherwise rather dull addition to the car! If you need a basic rubber mat these do the job nicely. They are not the full raised edge type but you would have to have some serious mat requirements to go to that level. I'll go back to carpet in the better weather.

Reactions: Roy W.
I can’t help you with contacting Tesla, but I can recommend some all weather mats.
I’ve got a LR AWD, which came with carpet mats, but in wet weather they were getting really grotty.

www.nextdaycarmats.com
They were £49.99 for the set, and fit really well. Surprisingly enough, they were delivered next day ;)

View attachment 519933
View attachment 519934
Looks perfect - Just ordered a set. Thanks :)

I was going to get a mat for the boot but I find the smaller lower section great for putting the grocery shop in. If I add a mat it will be a hassle getting in there. Anybody found a good solution that doesn't restrict access. I could just get a standard mat and then cut it to match the sides of the lower section cover?

Reactions: Roy W. and drewpost
Looks perfect - Just ordered a set. Thanks :)

I was going to get a mat for the boot but I find the smaller lower section great for putting the grocery shop in. If I add a mat it will be a hassle getting in there. Anybody found a good solution that doesn't restrict access. I could just get a standard mat and then cut it to match the sides of the lower section cover?
This is what I got for the boot:

C765FF40-2133-4646-80F3-A526683AEA37.jpeg

It’s a cheap universal boot mat from Amazon, very easy to cut to fit. It doesn’t extend over the two fixed side parts of the boot floor, but I like it because it is very flexible and so if I open the lid for the lower boot, the mat just lifts up too. I even used a little off-cut to cover the dead pedal area, which the nextdaycarmats ones don’t cover.

Currently £8.90 delivered on Amazon Prime, search for Sakura SS5125.

I got a set of the Diamond mats (black with red stitching). They were a lot of work to fit and I'm still not 100pc happy with the result.

Tucking the rear side of the back seat mats under the seat was a real trial. Supplied with velco strips but I've no clue where they are supposed to go!

I never fancied that I would need installation instructions for car mats but it might have helped with these :-(

I do actually quite like the look of the diamond mats and i was thinking about getting some with red or white stitching.. Do you have any pics of them fitted in the Model 3?
How long have you had them and has your opinion of them changed?

Last edited:
This is what I got for the boot:

View attachment 520236

It’s a cheap universal boot mat from Amazon, very easy to cut to fit. It doesn’t extend over the two fixed side parts of the boot floor, but I like it because it is very flexible and so if I open the lid for the lower boot, the mat just lifts up too. I even used a little off-cut to cover the dead pedal area, which the nextdaycarmats ones don’t cover.

Currently £8.90 delivered on Amazon Prime, search for Sakura SS5125.
Thanks - I will look to get one of those, that looks like a good solution!

Reactions: Roy W.