Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Good Time to Sell

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
lol they offered me 45k for my p100d
Wow, I wonder why the significant difference? Maybe I should have taken their offer!
38AC9B29-E920-4B76-B0CF-4078835BEADD.jpeg

I got a little more with carvana but it took weeks. They wanted me to even call some auto check phone number. Their offer was a little more than vroom by about 9k. 62k was their offer. That don't leave me much between payoff to move forward. I'm liking our 2018 more and more.

I'm thinking about selling my 2018 X100D 37k miles, FSD, free unlimited charging.. and going for a new Y Performance..
It's a hard choice because I love the X, I paid for FSD, which really didn't pan out, and used the free charging on several trips

Going for the Y, I'll lose both FSD and charging, but I feel that maybe with this shortage in the market, I'll never be able to get as much money for my X. And when it does come out, my old X price will fall harder. Keeping it for another 3 years is a choice, but I'm afraid things will start to break, like the falcon doors, etc..

I don't feel like shelling out another 100k for a new X, so the Y seems like a great choice.

Any points you think I'm missing?

I'm thinking about selling my 2018 X100D 37k miles, FSD, free unlimited charging.. and going for a new Y Performance..
It's a hard choice because I love the X, I paid for FSD, which really didn't pan out, and used the free charging on several trips

Going for the Y, I'll lose both FSD and charging, but I feel that maybe with this shortage in the market, I'll never be able to get as much money for my X. And when it does come out, my old X price will fall harder. Keeping it for another 3 years is a choice, but I'm afraid things will start to break, like the falcon doors, etc..

I don't feel like shelling out another 100k for a new X, so the Y seems like a great choice.

Makes sense to me. Unless you need the greater towing capacity, FWDs for little kids, or 6/7 seat option then the Y is a great choice!

Reactions: macacovelho

Our lease was up in May so we went through this exercise last winter and test drove a Y for a day. In the end, we decided to lease another new X.

We would miss the extra size, panoramic windshield, large storage space, better ride, space, and being honest, the fewer Xs vs Ys on the road.

Our lease was up in May so we went through this exercise last winter and test drove a Y for a day. In the end, we decided to lease another new X.

We would miss the extra size, panoramic windshield, large storage space, better ride, space, and being honest, the fewer Xs vs Ys on the road.
it does make me wonder though, how many people (not used to Tesla) can spot the difference between an X and a Y on the road.

So Tesla is offering 71k to buy my 2018 X100D FSD 38k miles , free supercharging. Up from 64k 6 months ago. Carmax came at 67k.
Im thinking on swapping to the MYP, but since it has a Dec delivery, Tesla says I keep my X til they deliver the Y, but they'll re-evaluate the offer then. Seems a bit strange that I'd need to go ahead with the trade-in, and maybe subject to a lower bid in December.
I told them I could give my X to them now, and wait for the Y, but they say they can only get my trade-in when I get the delivery.

I have a 2016 X P100DL no f 59500 mi.

Tesla offered 69400 for trade in last week which I accepted.
vroom 55k
Carvana was even less.
CarMax wouldn’t give me one unless I drove 100 miles for an appraisal- no thanks

problem with Tesla trade ins is theyre only good for 30 days, at which point you resubmit for a new valuation. Just casually checking today if I were to request a new trade in from Tesla, the trade in value has declined from 69400 to 63400 within a week. They’re likely using some algorithm because obviously a 5k difference decline in trade in value in a week makes no sense. Can’t get a new Tesla within 30 days so already starting to feel like a bait and switch.

I have a 2016 X P100DL no f 59500 mi.

Tesla offered 69400 for trade in last week which I accepted.
vroom 55k
Carvana was even less.
CarMax wouldn’t give me one unless I drove 100 miles for an appraisal- no thanks

problem with Tesla trade ins is theyre only good for 30 days, at which point you resubmit for a new valuation. Just casually checking today if I were to request a new trade in from Tesla, the trade in value has declined from 69400 to 63400 within a week. They’re likely using some algorithm because obviously a 5k difference decline in trade in value in a week makes no sense. Can’t get a new Tesla within 30 days so already starting to feel like a bait and switch.
That seems like a pretty good price actually... Just for giggles, I had them evaluate my '19 X Performance with only 14k miles and they offered 80k. I was hoping to maybe take advantage of used car prices and swap it for the new refreshed X in the spring, but 80k seems pretty low. KBB says it should be between 87-95k.