Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Goodbye TMC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wish I could say I had a great time here. I wish I could say that I was able to participate here. I wish I wasn’t afraid of this community like I’ve become recently. This forum isn’t a place for me anymore. So why make a post about it? It seems silly, but I want to encourage this community to be better. I don’t want to make this place better, but someone else who still loves this community will hopefully want to. I wish this community the best of luck.

I wish I could say I had a great time here. I wish I could say that I was able to participate here. I wish I wasn’t afraid of this community like I’ve become recently. This forum isn’t a place for me anymore. So why make a post about it? It seems silly, but I want to encourage this community to be better. I don’t want to make this place better, but someone else who still loves this community will hopefully want to. I wish this community the best of luck.

Sorry, I'm unable to follow without some context.

Also, I'm assuming the bolded statement is a typo and that OP does want to make the place better since she wants to encourage the community to be better. I am still confused by the whole post though.

Reactions: thegooch49
Sorry, I'm unable to follow without some context.

Also, I'm assuming the bolded statement is a typo and that OP does want to make the place better since she wants to encourage the community to be better. I am still confused by the whole post though.
I read the OP as saying she's throwing in the towel, but wishes us well.

I took a sec to read OPs postings.

all positive and upbeat about car. So I understand if forum’s negativity bias is off putting.

It was not always like this. When I first joined, prior to getting my 2012 S, most everything on forum was positive from enthusiasts sharing a passion and information. Now, it is quite different. The information is still there, which is why I am still active member. But the negativity bias is now huge. The threads with the most posts are generally negative. If you start a new thread that is positive, you get dislikes for being positive. Then the thread dies because positivity is apparently not as interesting.

I’ve got a thick skin, so I’ll live with the issues to get the information. I can understand why somebody who just wants to share their happiness with car would decide this is not the place.

I don’t have a ton of posts on this forum, but the posts I have made I hope have been informative and positive. I have found the forum to be helpful when researching Tesla-related projects and understanding more about my Model S. I chime-in when I have something that might be useful to others, but I have tried to avoid negative comments because I never want to be perceived as entitled, selfish, or a whiner. If I have a problem, I don’t feel the need to shout it to the world because I take pride in being self-reliant and positive, but I know some others might have a different approach and that is their right and choice, just as it is mine to ignore or take them with a grain of salt. I like this forum and get a lot of value from it. I am sorry the Op has thrown in the towel, but we each have our own ways of dealing with the negativity of life. I choose to stay and participate in a positive way.

Trouble with ignore is that you can only ignore based on your own experience / bias / prejudice.

I value responses from all, especially reflective and insightful ones that challenge my current view. I need responses that challenge me as well as that support.

It is difficult to feel you know and can trust this community, although I have found that generally, reaching out with a DM can usually sort any misunderstanding.

I have so much better understanding of my car and Tesla as a result of hanging out on TMC, but you need thick skin, to filter what's important to you and prepared to be mis-understood, abused, ignored or misquoted.

Last edited:
For those who are confused, my guess is you don't frequent the marketplace often. Bullies run afoul there and in all my decades of various vehicle forums I've never seen such actions allowed specifically in the market place sections. I feel like it spills over from there as the small handful of jerks derive confidence that their actions are allowed on this forum. I've seen first-hand this same small group band together and support each other in threads outside of the market place. I've said all along this hurts the community and runs people off, especially newer people who think that's what we're all about.

Meanwhile, I just discovered that several of my helpful wheel posts were deleted simply because I added the line "if you end up ordering PM me for a referral code discount" and I was never even informed this violated any rules. Keep in mind I'm not posting codes publicly as I realize that would violate forum policy as I've read it. Instead I've asked those interested to private message me specifically to avoid violating forum guidelines. No warnings. No messages. Nothing. Just massive paragraphs of helpful information, first-hand details and honest review helping other members out.

I've never been a part of a forum that just erases massive conversations (especially helpful ones) without some sort of notice. That's a surefire way to make people not want to contribute to your community. Even if someone is clearly agitating you owe them some sort of notice (private or public) to inform them they've done something wrong. I've even moderated several very large forums going back to the 90's and the way things are done around here cause me to scratch my head. It's almost like they want things to be unpleasant to drive posts and traffic even if it's just angry people posting negativity.

IMO this forum can be better and I feel like it's members want to but they're helpless w/o some sort of staff support.

How things look depends on where you sit.
It’s not that one is right and one is wrong, simply that the views are different.

When giving your own view, offer it without expectation that it will prevail.
Speak for yourself, from your own perspective.
Humbly offer a piece of the puzzle to help create the larger picture.

We need more women in this forum to provide different perspective views.

YouTube has also some woman hosting their own EV channels,
all those channels are always informative and provide complementing resources.

Jaciee please say Hi! to Sparrow.

Last edited: