Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Google Maps not loading

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was driving across the state in Massachusetts today and I too was having this issue. Not that its a good thing persay but glad to see I'm not the only one having this issue since several resets of the system didn't help at all. Hope tomorrow morning when I'm on the road again its working!

Me too. We were driving in the Santa Cruz mountains where cell coverage can be spotty, but it persisted after getting back into our "normal" coverage area. Then some kind of alert popped up on the center console that a map update had taken place (unfortunately my wife dismissed it before I could read anything other than "map update".) When we got home, I rebooted the center console and it did come up with the map initially... then 5 seconds later, the display switched to night mode and the map went away again!

Glad to hear it's not just me, but also a bit concerned that this appears to be a large disturbance in the force, so to speak.

We have been driving from Florida to California over the last couple weeks. Slacker started chattering then the maps wouldn't load. When it first happened we called roadside service. They said they would pull the records and give us a call the next day. No call and still not fixed. Have to run nav on my iPhone and listen to my husband complain that the "tech" mobile is broke. Guess tomorrow we will invest in a new paper map book to get us back to Florida. So glad we are not the only one having this problem.

Interesting... I had this issue today, and thought it was my car. Tried rebooting a couple of times, and didn't solve a thing. saw the route line, and turn list, but the background map tiles were blank.

Glad I came across this thread. I was driving from Chicago to Toronto on the 26th and lost my Google Maps around Ann Arbor (5:00 pm-ish) all the way home. I re-booted once and it brought the maps partially back, but then I drove out of the displayed tiles and was just seeing all grey again. Working fine now.

I am in the Seattle area and had this same problem yesterday, for the second time in 30 days. :(

Very annoying but reboot brought it back.

If it happens again, I'll schedule a visit to the Bellevue Service Center . . .

Drove back ~ 150 miles from Charlotte yesterday. Two things were weird with the nav and screen: 1). Route line was only partially drawn between departure and arrival points, and 2). Different routes were displayed depending on the amount of zoom.

Drove back ~ 150 miles from Charlotte yesterday. Two things were weird with the nav and screen: 1). Route line was only partially drawn between departure and arrival points, and 2). Different routes were displayed depending on the amount of zoom.

I had a related issue, and then I changed the setting to just show the streets (not the images). That seemed to work, but it wouldn't show traffic.

It also didn't show the blue navigation line.

I seem to have lost my blue route line. It's shown a partial line as well. Strange.

All of these are not related to the issue discussed in this topic. These are just the normal bugs that have plagued the Nav system since somewhere around v6... Symptoms include:

• Tiles that don't load, but will load if you change zoom level
  • Blue route line that seems old (doesn't update when re-routed), or only partially drawn, or not drawn at all... Also sometimes works when change level is changed.
  • Reboot of 17" touchscreen usually fixes both of these temporarily.

I have problem with google maps my S at this week at monday are stopped loading maps internet are working, try mobile hotspot wifi from home but maps still not loading (grey grid) try reboot main display try reset to factory defaults without result.
any ideas ? mobile phone loading maps and showing where my car is.