Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got my Jeda charging pad

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I really like the pad and it works well with my Galaxy S8 without a case, but with my Mous limitless 2.0 case on it doesn't charge :(. Working with them to figure out what happened, if it's an isolated incident or not.

I agree, feels like it's part of the car. Only part I would like to see is a bottom lip that sticks out more. With my case on, there are scenarios my phone can slide down into the pocket below the charger. If it had a lip about as tall as my phone with the case on (and maybe leave a hole for the existing charging cables to come through if desired), then it would be ideal.

I saw the Nomad has a light on it which initially I thought that would be a good idea, but honestly it really isn't necessary for me as my phone has its own light for when it is charging.

Jeda should technically work just as well as any other pad on the market for iPhone X at 7.5V. That’s why I was confused with the previous comments.

The issue isn't with Jeda, it's with the front USB ports, which only output 5W each.

One solution is to put a battery "buffer" in between the USB ports and the charging pad, which is what the Jeda FC kit is and is also what is built-in to the competing Nomad product (Wireless Charger)

The other solution is to run two cables from a suitable dual USB charger plugged into the 12V socket under the center arm rest.

The issue isn't with Jeda, it's with the front USB ports, which only output 5W each.

One solution is to put a battery "buffer" in between the USB ports and the charging pad, which is what the Jeda FC kit is and is also what is built-in to the competing Nomad product (Wireless Charger)

The other solution is to run two cables from a suitable dual USB charger plugged into the 12V socket under the center arm rest.
After a firmware update, a couple months ago, the front USB ports got a bump in power. According to this video, they are now capable of putting out 2.6 amps. At 5 volts, that’s a total of 13 watts. Plenty for iPhone fast qi charging (which maxes out at 7.5 watts).

After a firmware update, a couple months ago, the front USB ports got a bump in power. According to this video, they are now capable of putting out 2.6 amps. At 5 volts, that’s a total of 13 watts. Plenty for iPhone fast qi charging (which maxes out at 7.5 watts).

Not disputing this, but if this is true, is there any point in the fast-charge kit from Jeda, the battery in the Nomad, or running two cables to a charger plugged into the 12V socket? Are these now redundant? Or perhaps they are required for Android fast wireless charging (but not iPhone 7.5W)?

I’ve had my jeda pad almost 2 months now. Works perfectly and even when I took my car in for service the guys in the SC loved it. If you have an iPhone 8 or X the fast charging module is useless anyway as by default it charges at the maximum speed the iPhones accept. If you have a phone capable of faster charging if you follow jeda twitter feed they decided to redesign the fast wireless charging interface to be a better solution than they had. Overall though this is the best accessory I’ve gotten for my 3.

Not disputing this, but if this is true, is there any point in the fast-charge kit from Jeda, the battery in the Nomad, or running two cables to a charger plugged into the 12V socket? Are these now redundant? Or perhaps they are required for Android fast wireless charging (but not iPhone 7.5W)?
Yes, shouldn’t be required for iPhones. Only phones that can take advantage of higher wattages would benefit.

Does anyone 3D print a thicker bottom bar (that snap in cable cover) seems like it would be a good thing to have another 3/8" height on that as the thicker pad of the charger leaves very little ledge left to hold the phone in, would be better to close the gap between that bar and the storage lid anyway as we have dropped the phone in the storage through there many times as it is.View attachment 315821

Recently saw this, suspect it would help.

I had a few instances with my iPhone X where heavy acceleration caused it to slide off the Jeda down into the console. I had a thick OtterBox case on it, suspect that was a contributing factor as I've been unable to make my new Xs Max with a thin silicon case slide off.

From what I can tell this new piece gets sandwiched between the original parts:
  1. Take cover off
  2. install new piece where cover was
  3. reinstall cover on top of new piece
Based on these two images, it raises the connecter by 3mm while also making the lower lip 8mm (1/4") thicker.

Comparison_w_text_arrow_1080x.png

This image is original cover (lighter grey) attached to the adapter (darker grey)
Model_3_4_1080x.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: commasign
This is the case I used to have, it made the phone 1/2" thick, plus the curvature of the hard plastic case would contribute to it sliding up and over the original cover when placed on the jeda. New phone & case is 3/8" thick, so 25% thinner, plus the silicone is grippier than the Otterbox's hard plastic.

Found an installation video, definitely looks like it would have solved the problem I had with my old phone.

• Informative
Reactions: commasign
Got my skyline extender ledge piece. Works great with the Jeda. Basically restores the full original ledge and contour. Here is before and after. I guess it's worth $35. Of course I'll feel bad if Tesla releases an official wireless charger for less than the price of Jeda and the Skyline piece, but who knows when that will come if ever.

P0w1TWOiQWGcowywLGTzZA.jpg
9cZ1GYurR9235EwfLhdyAg.jpg

Reactions: SigNC and SpiceWare