Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking to replace my charging pad in my 2023 MY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm sure someone has asked this already, but the answers I have found so far all pertain to older Teslas with a different generation center console. The current charging pad makes the phones on it super hot when charging. Since I exclusively use iPhones, I was hoping to replace it with a magsafe pad like Jeda or TWraps. Is there something that can fit my generation console, or am I SOL?

Reactions: mdri and BrianGragg
I, too, am looking for an upgrade to this. I just got my Model3 a week ago and it seems that the stock pad does not like iPhone cases. My son's phone without a case charges no problem. Mine with a case does not. I tried removing the case and it did start charging. I have two ideas but not sure how I would execute:
  1. Get a replacement pad that is stronger so that a case would not matter.
  2. Create my own pad. The idea for this is, if I had a 3D printer, is to make a plate with a hole in the middle that would house the mag-safe app charger.
In the mean time, I was looking for a upgraded pad (#1) but did not find anything thing quickly. Have to get back to work but i will continue to look. it is pretty bad that Tesla engineering did not test this. At least it is there. Didn't used to be that way, or so I have read.

M.

Upvote 0
I'm sure someone has asked this already, but the answers I have found so far all pertain to older Teslas with a different generation center console. The current charging pad makes the phones on it super hot when charging. Since I exclusively use iPhones, I was hoping to replace it with a magsafe pad like Jeda or TWraps. Is there something that can fit my generation console, or am I SOL?
Is it possible your phone is getting hot because of the apps running In the background? I find GPS apps like WAZE really work the processor and heat up the phone. Add charging the phone at the same time and it’s going to get really hot.

You might try killing some apps and see if that helps.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I recently purchased the Jeda pad, and it works great on my iPhone with Apple MagSafe Case (Tesla MYLR 2021). You get three spots with it, one on the left, right, and horizontal laying down on the bottom. The pad does heat up a bit, but that is indicative of all induction charging devices. What questions do you have about the Jeda product that I might be able to answer?

Upvote 0
I recently purchased the Jeda pad, and it works great on my iPhone with Apple MagSafe Case (Tesla MYLR 2021). You get three spots with it, one on the left, right, and horizontal laying down on the bottom. The pad does heat up a bit, but that is indicative of all induction charging devices. What questions do you have about the Jeda product that I might be able to answer?
I also have a 2021 Model Y. Did you replace the Tesla factory wireless charger with the Jeda Tesla Model 3 and Model Y Wireless Charger detailed on Tesla Model 3 and Model Y Wireless Phone Charger - Jeda Products ? I read it's designed only for model years 2017-2020. If it worked for you in your 2021 Model Y, will you please share a picture or two of it?

Upvote 0
Problem with 2023 M3 and MY wireless charging pads, they are only 5 watts
If the phone is not running Waze and or BT streaming, you’re good, change cases where necessary
Of you are using a max and running Waze and or streaming BT you’re not good
Only rhe Magbak magsafe display mount at 7.5 watts will keep a max charging while it runs these apps

Upvote 0