Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got my Jeda charging pad

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got my Jeda charging pad and it is working as intended through my rather thick otter brand cover on an iPhone X, I did not get my battery pack fast charger option though, seems they forgot to include that as I did order it.

Does anyone 3D print a thicker bottom bar (that snap in cable cover) seems like it would be a good thing to have another 3/8" height on that as the thicker pad of the charger leaves very little ledge left to hold the phone in, would be better to close the gap between that bar and the storage lid anyway as we have dropped the phone in the storage through there many times as it is.
IDu6diXGQMmBxc90TnBnfQ.jpg

Reactions: davedavedave
Does anyone know how this charging pad compares to the one that RPM Tesla sells? I'm interesting in getting one and was curious which one gets better charging speed.

https://www.rpmtesla.com/product-page/model-3-wireless-fast-charging-pad-upgrade-only-49-w-20-off

Tesla Wireless Pad

Per Jeda's FAQ section the max output is 9v at 1.65a and rpmtesla states 9-12v at 1.5a but I'm sure that these are the same Qualcomm 3.0 stats quoted differently so they seem equal to me

I gave up on mine. It didn't work well at all unless it was perfectly lined up....then when you hit a bump/take a turn, you phone slides and is no longer charging.

They should offer it with a single horizontal phone position instead of two phones vertical.... 99% of the time there is probably only one occupant in the car, or if there are two they could take turns charging their phone.

With one phone laying horizontal and maybe at a slightly lower angle the phone should never slide out of charging position.

This is how BMW and others are doing it and it's working very well.

Reactions: preilly44
Does anyone know how this charging pad compares to the one that RPM Tesla sells? I'm interesting in getting one and was curious which one gets better charging speed.

https://www.rpmtesla.com/product-page/model-3-wireless-fast-charging-pad-upgrade-only-49-w-20-off

My RPM charging pad works just fine. With a case on my iphone as long is I have it pushed under the lip of the dock and off to the side it charges every time. The pad it comes with is grippy enough that it doesn’t slide even with spirited driving.

I got the RPM pad with a single puck a couple months ago and have been very pleased. I have a case on my Samsung S7 and have never had any issues with my phone sliding or falling off (I drive aggressive). I lined my puck up so that it charges when my phone is touching the left side of the compartment, making it very easy to place my phone and begin charging. There is probably a 1/4 in tolerance for charging in my specific condition. It also helps that my phone vibrates when charging begins. The way I have it set up I don't need to look in order to place my phone and assure charging.

The one issue I have is that the composite pad (don't know the material), is showing a little wear with the shape of the puck behind showing on the front and slight discoloration from that. Not a big deal for me since whenever I am in the car my phone is covering it. I recommend the RPM system.

I got the RPM pad with a single puck a couple months ago and have been very pleased. I have a case on my Samsung S7 and have never had any issues with my phone sliding or falling off (I drive aggressive). I lined my puck up so that it charges when my phone is touching the left side of the compartment, making it very easy to place my phone and begin charging. There is probably a 1/4 in tolerance for charging in my specific condition. It also helps that my phone vibrates when charging begins. The way I have it set up I don't need to look in order to place my phone and assure charging.

The one issue I have is that the composite pad (don't know the material), is showing a little wear with the shape of the puck behind showing on the front and slight discoloration from that. Not a big deal for me since whenever I am in the car my phone is covering it. I recommend the RPM system.
I just ordered the one from RPM. I got 2 puck because I often do road trips with my girlfriend so they'll be times when we both need to charge.

Do you charge your S7 with a case on?

@gilscales - Do you have a picture showing the console area with the charging pad? I'm just curious how it blends in/or sticks out. Also, have you noticed any sliding with your phone while driving?
image.jpg

There is a raised rib in the middle to keep the phone from sliding around, seems to work just fine with no issues in hard turns, phone stays put well, my wife has a iPhone 7 Plus with a 2 pc wireless charging case on it so pretty large and it fits with room to spare, mine is an X so plenty of extra room, hope this helps

I thought per the FAQ on Jeda that for iPhone X you don't need the faster charger?

FAST CHARGING
Does the Jeda Wireless Pad support fast charging?

Yes, the Jeda Wireless Pad is fast charging capable. It works with the quick charge 3.0 capabilities of the Qualcomm MCU ( Samsung phones ) and also the 7.5W iPhone charge. For those who prefer faster charging, we have created an optional add-on, known as the Fast Charging Module.

Just got my Jeda charging pad and it is working as intended through my rather thick otter brand cover on an iPhone X, I did not get my battery pack fast charger option though, seems they forgot to include that as I did order it.

Just received mine, looks great, nice packaging. I'll install it after work. They forgot the optional battery pack for me as well :( Dropped them an email about it.

IMG_0034.jpg IMG_0035.jpg IMG_0036.jpg

Received word about the fast charge module(battery pack). They're sending out an email tomorrow regarding what's up, but basically feedback from early users is the module was a hassle to use because you had to unplug/replug cables because it does not support charge-in and charge-out at the same time.

They're working with their supplier for a module that can do both, but it'll be limited to 2A instead of 3A. In the email you'll have the option to wait for the new module, or get a refund for the module.

• Informative
Reactions: McFlurri