Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got my Y today. One minor issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think the alignment is fine, just the steering wheel is crooked. Before delivery, they did identify a couple small paint issues that they entered into the record and will fix in the future. I couldn't find them myself.
FYI, I bought my Mode S in early 2013, VIN ~7000. It's still early for the Y, but hopefully will be much better than my Model S experience. Bricked twice in the first six months requiring tow. Failing rear bearings, motor replacement, MCU replacement, failing regen/stability control, coolant system, high voltage contactor, ...

Last edited:
I got my MY a few days ago, and have no paint, panel gap, condesation in taillight, liftgate issues, rear passenger seat not reclining issues, etc.

Only minor issue I had...was that the rear doors still had a sticker on them by the hinge, so there was some sticky residue from it. 3 minutes cleaned that off. Also 2 doors had some rubber seal that was overlapping another rubber seal wrong, but that was literally running my finger over them to fix that.

Attempted to take delivery today of my Model Y VIN 101xxx, multiple issues including panel gaps, misalignment in the passenger window and rear seats, and both tail lights were not aligned correctly. They had 3 model Ys on the parking lot and only 1/3 seemed to have no issues (unfortunately not mine).

Attempted to take delivery today of my Model Y VIN 101xxx, multiple issues including panel gaps, misalignment in the passenger window and rear seats, and both tail lights were not aligned correctly. They had 3 model Ys on the parking lot and only 1/3 seemed to have no issues (unfortunately not mine).
My delivery schedule June 9. Hope everything turn out right please. Lol

Did you accept the car and leave it for repair, refuse the car in hope for another soon, or what?

Did you accept the car and leave it for repair, refuse the car in hope for another soon, or what?

This delivery center was in Buena Park. I have to commend the staff were very friendly and professional unfortunately that's just how the car came from the factory. I refused the car for delivery as I have a lease that doesn't end until December so I am hoping most of these issues get fixed by then.

Good luck to others on their deliveries coming soon, I have seen a few almost perfect ones as well .

Last edited:
I guess they are catching up to meet the delivery number by 6/30, so everything is a rush now .. should get better in a few weeks once the pressure to meet the delivery targets and revenues for 6/30 is over

The end of quarter rush hasn't started yet, and when it does it won't hold a candle to last year's end of year rush. But even then, there was no flurry of issues. In fact, it was surprisingly quiet in spite of predictions of armageddon. Tesla's QC has improved, but still has significant room for improvement.

Well now I’m nervous. My VIN is also 101xx. Supposed to be taking delivery on Wednesday.