Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got scammed by member

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Guys
I had a member message me about Mpp model Y coilovers, they have since deleted their account and I can’t find the messages.
I paid on Monday , and they didn’t return any of my texts all week, then my texts stopped going through and I couldn’t find them on my TMC messages.

I filed a dispute thank God for buyer protection .
Here is their number

+1 (605) 202-3016
Here is their Venmo. They blocked me on Venmo.

Getting my money back,
Maybe mods can find who the account was who messaged me before they deleted their account . Thanks

Attachments

• 09B8EA4A-68E6-4CC7-9156-B000ACDBF81F.png
    09B8EA4A-68E6-4CC7-9156-B000ACDBF81F.png
    800.1 KB · Views: 151
Seems someone else got scammed today too by very similar phone number which suggest some sort of virtual phone number system was used or burner phones in same geographic location….or just coincidence?

Reactions: 101dals
I always make the user that is selling the goods take a pic with their forum username and the current date on a piece of paper and included it on the posting. Never had a problem so far....so far.
Good idea, except I would use today's newspaper, just like a kidnapping photo showing the front page headlines. I'm not sure if a local or National daily newspaper (like USA today) would be best. Include an image of the item and of the seller himself with the newspaper. A legitimate sale wouldn't care.

Good idea, except I would use today's newspaper, just like a kidnapping photo showing the front page headlines. I'm not sure if a local or National daily newspaper (like USA today) would be best. Include an image of the item and of the seller himself with the newspaper. A legitimate sale wouldn't care.
No I mean like hand writing the username with date with a sharpie on a piece of paper and include with a product being sold in the same pic.