Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Graduates of Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With all the time and energy we all spent waiting for our X's in 2020, 2021, 2022... a lot of us had a void left when our starships were finally delivered. (DISCLAIMER: As I write this, I am still likely at least 2 months out from my turn...)

Here is a spot for all of the graduates to continue the camaraderie and the relationships we developed while enduring, "the big wait..."

So, are we going to talk about significant problems with the new X here? Like that it seems they may have redefined “tight” parameters in (dumb) summon. Summon allowed me to park and unpark my 2016 X in my garage. It would sometimes take a little coxing to do it but it ALWAYS entered and exited the garage. Sometimes it would stop in front of the garage, turn the wheels back and forth and stop but then hitting summon caused it to move into the garage.
My Plaid cones to the garage doorframe and then stops. It will not go further in. When parked inside the garage and summon is activated it stalls at the back wheels. It then will not go further out or further in. Climbing through the trunk to manualy drive it is getting old. This has happened each time except once when it actually exited fully from the garage, wish I could repeat it and get it on video!
Is mine a Unicorn or is there anyone else who is having this same problem?
SC said sensors are all good. They asked me to take videos of the stalling. I did the videos last Monday and am hearing nothing but crickets so far.

So, are we going to talk about significant problems with the new X here? Like that it seems they may have redefined “tight” parameters in (dumb) summon. Summon allowed me to park and unpark my 2016 X in my garage. It would sometimes take a little coxing to do it but it ALWAYS entered and exited the garage. Sometimes it would stop in front of the garage, turn the wheels back and forth and stop but then hitting summon caused it to move into the garage.
My Plaid cones to the garage doorframe and then stops. It will not go further in. When parked inside the garage and summon is activated it stalls at the back wheels. It then will not go further out or further in. Climbing through the trunk to manualy drive it is getting old. This has happened each time except once when it actually exited fully from the garage, wish I could repeat it and get it on video!
SC said sensors are all good. They asked me to take videos of the stalling. I did the videos last Monday and am hearing nothing but crickets so far.
I think this is an AP3.0 thing, because my Model 3 struggles to get out of my single car door garage sometimes, I would not dare try it with the X.

There is already a Model X Refresh Issues Thread where people discuss problems they are finding and ask questions. Wiki - Model X Refresh Issues Thread. A lot of valuable information in that thread.

Reactions: studioloft
Another graduate here. I’m sad to say the Weathertech frunk and Boot Well liners do not fit well at all. The frunk is definitely not a fit and the Boot liner is just a disappointment. The full trunk liner is great but it conflicts with the two access spaces (five seater has another access area where the third row would go).

What have been peoples actual experiences with the mats? At this point I really just want a good liner for the boot well in the trunk.

So once you are notified about a software update, you are going to constantly have to dismiss the software update window which pops up often?

Unless you hit schedule, in which case you don’t get to schedule it. It schedules for that night. You can change the time, but not the day.

I was hoping there was a way to hold off a software update until a more convenient day (other than leaving Sentry Mode on all the time).

Anyway we have the new 22.16.1.2 version now.

Reactions: KidsEyeDr
Cancel at any time. It’s a subscription, not a purchase.
I tried FSD subscription on my Y. Canceled after 1 month. I will wait for EAP on my X since it sounds like that is coming back probably at half the price and should do everything I care about.

The prices posted below are not for the U.S.

936F69FD-BFCC-42FD-95BA-05BC78D8DA82.png

Last edited:
I tried FSD subscription on my Y. Canceled after 1 month. I will wait for EAP on my X since it sounds like that is coming back probably at half the price and should do everything I care about.

The prices posted below are not for the U.S.

View attachment 818072
I just saw this morning that EAP upgrade is $6,000.00, half of what FSD is. That's more than I had hoped for automatic lane change, which is probably the only feature I would use.