Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Green New Deal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't follow much of the "logic" in your posts so I'm inclined to believe that you are just being sarcastic and not contributing to the discussion.
Not sarcastic. I have yet to see supporters of the GND offer their plan for paying for it. As best I can tell, they plan on getting a few hundred billion from the rich (that is all they have), and borrow the rest and let our chidren, grand children, great grand children, great great grand children, and the next 10 generations pay for it.

• Disagree
Reactions: eevee-fan
In spite of overwhelming public support (60% to 80%)for the Green New Deal, the politicians are reluctant to support it because it threatens their bribes from fossil fuel, etc.
So there you go. GND is going nowhere, because it needs people in congress to pass legislation for it to be of any use.

If Congress didn't fund NASA, would we have landed on the moon?

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: eevee-fan
Not sarcastic. I have yet to see supporters of the GND offer their plan for paying for it. As best I can tell, they plan on getting a few hundred billion from the rich (that is all they have), and borrow the rest and let our chidren, grand children, great grand children, great great grand children, and the next 10 generations pay for it.
Yes, you are right. If you had read the Krugman article, you would know that parts (jobs, education, income support) would be paid for by taxes on the rich and part (investments) would be paid for by borrowing.

Reactions: nwdiver
So there you go. GND is going nowhere, because it needs people in congress to pass legislation for it to be of any use.

Until primary challengers emerge and they realize they need to support the GND if they want to keep their job.

They're on notice. Protect our future or you're fired.

Screen Shot 2019-02-20 at 2.19.29 PM.png

Reactions: mspohr
Crushing cars isn't part of the GND. Just eliminating fools fuel.
You are correct. What do you do with a car that runs on fools fuel when fools fuel has been eliminated? Crushing was an assumption on my part.
The last few pages of this thread are a great example of how a single member can derail a thread with self-admitted sarcasm and nonsense answers. I suggest moving along with productive conversation.
Fair enough, and I am sorry. I'll exit now.

I would venture to bet the percentage of Tesla drivers - and by extension Prius drivers, heck all PEV and HEV - that acutally care about being "green" in terms of actual climate change is quite small. I encounter people who are enamored by the technology of Tesla rather than the environmentally friendliness of it. Admittedly, I myself am in that category. But I'm also a great example of how alternate incentives, stimulus, and broad appeal can bring people on board with climate change - whether the individual is an activist or not.

I didn't purchase solar or an EV because I wanted to be green; I bought it because of stimulus, incentives, and a long term view of cost reduction. To that extent, this deal excites me.

Already got that impression, despite others attacking me for saying the same thing in another thread.
This is all fine. The two fall together: lower energy bill and emissions (1) is easier on the environment (2).
The REAL test is when EV tax credits do fall away...

I would venture to bet the percentage of Tesla drivers - and by extension Prius drivers, heck all PEV and HEV - that acutally care about being "green" in terms of actual climate change is quite small.
Having been on Prius forums from 2001-2012, the reasons for purchasing a Prius (and by extension a Tesla are): Green, Cheap, Techie. In the Tesla we can add Sporty. Those who purchase fall into at least two categories, even though they may say one is their first reason. Green is actually a pretty big reason. When talking to someone face to face, green is often not mentioned to avoid conflict.

Status
Not open for further replies.